Told ya it wouldn’t be long until I have another monthly favourites for ya! I’m super excited to talk to you about all the things I loved last month. June is my favourite month of the year because it’s my birthday month and it’s also when summer officially begins! I’m a huge summer lover and I love my birthday. This year I celebrated it a little differently. I had a few of my closest friends meet me at a park for a social-distanced picnic! It was so nice seeing their faces that I wanted to cry. You don’t realize how special and important people are to you until there’s a global pandemic and the government tells you can’t see them for months. I also saw my family for the first time in months and it was everything I needed. My little sister is pregnant with her first child and it was my first time seeing her baby bump in person. That made me really happy. I can’t believe I’m going to be an aunt! All in all, I think next to February (being the month I went on vacation to the Dominican Republic before Covid-19), June has a been the best month so far.
As per usual, I did create a corresponding YouTube video where I talk about my “June Favourites”. If you’d prefer to hear me talk about them, watch the video below! If you don’t, keep reading ha-ha.
- Sun and sunscreen – My love for the sun is really like no other. I think you guys probably know that by now. The sun is my #1. The sun puts me in such a positive mood, and I love the sun even more when he/she gives me a tan. I go to the park every day to have quality time with the sun and in order to protect myself from getting burnt or worse, I’ve been wearing a lot of sunscreen. I’ve been using two different sunscreens. One for my face and one for my body. This one from Supergoop! is so lightweight and overall great. It’s a great primer for underneath my makeup, I love it’s gel-like consistency, and I think I would for sure buy this product again. The sunscreen that I’m loving for my body is this one by Australian Gold. It’s like every other sunscreen out there but I love the scent, and I also really love that they have aloe in it! I’m not exactly sure about the benefits from aloe (I know it’s soothing and helps sunburns?) but it makes me feel a little more comfortable with being directly under the sun. I wear SPF 50.
- Free People cloud-shaped sunglasses and sunglasses chains – Something I’ve realized is that I have a strange obsession with sunglasses. I have a lot of sunglasses and I think I didn’t realize it until I was trying to find a specific pair the other day and I found TOO MANY all over my bedroom. I think I’m done buying sunglasses for a while. I mean, who needs another pair when I have theses cloud babies?! I absolutely adore these blue cloud-shaped sunglasses. They’re so fun. I’ll wear them any chance I get! What I’ve also been loving are sunglasses chains. They’re a cute little accessory that you can add to your sunglasses. I feel like by mixing and matching chains to different pairs of sunglasses, I’m creating so many different looks! I love it. I have three at the moment and I’ve recently been thinking about trying to make my own out of all my craft beads.
- Pat McGrath “Eye Ecstasy: Sublime” eyeshadow palette – If you want to see me freak out over this eyeshadow palette, there’s a really funny IGTV video on my Instagram: @tinyintoronto! Honestly, my reaction in that video says it all. Pat McGrath’s eyeshadows are STUNNING. I can’t believe how beautiful they are. I really, really, really want to get a “Mothership” palette but the price scares me. It’s a lot of money. It costs $170 CAD. The second I’m blessed with a lump sum of money (idk how how this is going to happen btw lol), I’m definitely getting this palette. But since I’m not back at work yet, I probably shouldn’t spend that much on makeup I don’t need (although I have it sitting in my Sephora cart already).
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson – The Black Lives Matter movement is finally getting more attention but not the full attention that it deserves. I encourage you to read this book to have a better understanding of what life is like for those that are black. It’s disgusting and not okay. It’s completely unfair that racism exists and we all have to learn and work on being better allies. This book is a true story and there are many similar stories out there. It’s heartbreaking and I cried while reading the book and while watching the movie. If you are white or white passing, you need to recognize your privilege and help fight for equality.
- *PINK* Bose noise-cancelling headphones – I have always wanted a pair of noise-cancelling headphones and being stuck inside my apartment for 5 months seemed like a pretty good reason to finally get them. My birthday was also coming up so I thought that these would be the perfect gift to myself. I actually have a photo of me trying these headphones on at the Bose store from over 6 months ago. I didn’t think I’d actually get them at the time (because they’re expensive and didn’t feel like a necessity) but I feel like I must have known deep down that someday these headphones would be mine? It’s a little weird but I love them. I love that they’re pink! They couldn’t be more me. The quality is also amazing because I can’t hear ANYTHING when I have them on – it’s life-changing!!!
- Chopova Lowena necklace – This necklace was talked about a lot in a previous blog post so I won’t say too much. I got this adorable cat necklace from this brand that I really admire from the UK: Chopova Lowena. It was a birthday present from my family and I’m SO obsessed with it. I want to wear it every day. I love pieces that are different and stand out, and this necklace is exactly that.
- Friendship bracelets – You guys know I’ve been big on the quarantine crafts for months now. My latest obsession/hobby is making these friendship bracelets! I don’t know why but I’m so nostalgic lately. It could be the pandemic but all I know is that these remind me of summer during the early 2000s. Everything back then was so cute, so fun, and so pandemic-free. It was nice. I’ve known how to make friendship bracelets for years so this time around I’ve been specifically looking for patterns that are a bit harder to do. I love a challenge and I find that completing something that’s more difficult is so much more rewarding. Some patterns can be super hard though. There’s this sushi pattern that I really want to make but every time I go to start it, I get spooked! It’s next level. If you know of any unique or semi-difficult patterns that I could try, please let me know! I’d love to take a whack at it!
- Lack of Colour hat – The funny thing about this hat is that I swear I had something similar when I was like, 5 years-old. Maybe it’s nostalgia but I’m so drawn to it, I don’t know what it is! I love it. I wear it mostly when I go to the park because its wide brim is just perfect for keeping the sun out of my eyes. It’s just a super cute and super fun hat that I want to wear as much as I can before summer ends.
That concludes another month of favourites. I feel like each month keeps going by way too fast. So fast that I can’t even keep up! July is almost over and I’m already going to have to start writing my “July Favourites” soon!!!
I hope you’re all having a great day. Thank you so much for taking time to read this post!
Enjoy your weekend!
– Tiny ❤
Leave a Reply