We’re about three weeks into the year 2020. So, how does everyone feel?! Is your year going well so far? I would have to say that I’m quite happy with how things are going for me! I don’t want to jinx anything but I’ve felt super productive and in good spirits since January 1st. I know that nothing lasts forever but I’m enjoying it while it lasts. I’ve just recently booked a vacation to the Dominican Republic for next month! I’m excited to get some sun. Winter here in Toronto has started to get intolerable. I’m excited to have time to relax, sit on a beach, and read. Anyways, all in all, I think things are going well! I have quite the list of goals that I would like to achieve this year. I think fulfilling these new year resolutions will also be a great way to start this new DECADE. I can’t believe that by the end of these next 10 years, I’ll be almost 40! What?! It’s scary! This is going to be huge!!! I might be married by the end of this? I might have KIDS?! Holy moly… let’s move on to my resolutions, shall we?
1. Take better care of my skin/create a beauty routine – I think this is an easy but more expensive resolution. If I wanna take better care of my skin, I feel like I’m going to have to add a few more steps to my skincare routine. This means that I have to buy more skincare products and I think that might start to add up ($$$). Honestly, this is why I’ve kept it simple for so long! I really don’t want to take my skin for granted though. I need to treat it better. I would like a night cream and an eye cream. Maybe a serum? Where’s a good place to start? I might have to do more research on this stuff but if you guys have any tips, I’d love to read them in the comment section below!
2. Drink more water – This is one that is going to be on my list of new year resolutions forever. I think I could always drink more water. I probably managed to drink more water last year because water is cheap lol. But I really have no excuse to not drink more water than I do. I have been without a reusable water bottle for a couple of months now. It’s a long story but I think I’m going to start there. I need to get my hands on a new reusable water bottle. Once I have obtained said water bottle, I’d like to drink four of them a day! Am I ambitious when it comes to my water intake? Maybe? Probably? But I’ll keep ya’ll updated!
3. Travel somewhere on my bucket list – The list is huge so I won’t be sharing that just yet. However, I think if I were to pick two destinations that I would absolutely HAVE to visit before I die, it’d be Japan and France. They’re just places I’m always dreaming about! I can’t explain it. I just have a huge curiosity about life in those countries. I have this feeling that they’re amazing and an absolute dream come true. If I can control my spending habits, I think I’m going to set aside some money specifically for travelling so that I can make my dreams come true some day. I know that if I’m going to go to either of these places this year, it might have to be in September or some time after. Here’s to hoping this actually happens!!!
4. Work on my mental health – I don’t really share this with many people but I have pretty bad anxiety. I worry and overthink a lot. I worry about a lot of things that are beyond my control and I don’t know how to stop it. Sometimes when I’m worrying, I get really emotional and things start to snowball and typically get worse and worse. At times I don’t want to leave my bed. It gets a little out of control and I would really like to have better control of it. Like I don’t want to let it get the best of me, so I’m going to do what I can to tell myself that worrying isn’t going to change anything. It’s not worth it! I shouldn’t let it ruin my days. If you guys have tips on how to handle anxiety, please let me know. Telling yourself that there’s nothing to worry about and believing it are two separate things, and I’m going to do my best to work on that this year. If something’s going to happen, it’s going to happen whether I worry about it or not. So I might as well be happy and relax, right?
5. Get a new bed – As embarrassing as it is to admit, I am still sleeping on the same IKEA bed that I bought while I was in college. It’s been like, 6 years? I’ve been sleeping on a twin bed for over 6 years, guys. I think as a woman turning 27 this year, maybe I should buy myself a queen bed? Or at least a double? If you could see the condition that my current bed is in, you’d be shocked. The head board is no longer attached. Having my boyfriend (that’s really tall!) stay over is the worst because I feel terrible making him share such a small bed with me. I need a big girl bed! NEW BED 2020. I’m going to make it happen ASAP (after my trip to Dominican lol)!
6. Be smarter with my money; save more, spend less, and think ahead – I’m awful with my money. I’ll admit it. I have a terrible spending habit and I’m not great at prioritizing the necessities. I have a lot of stuff I don’t need so I’m going to make sure that I stick to buying less each month. I also want to make sure that I’m contributing to my savings account monthly. I’m realizing that most of the stuff I love is the stuff I spend less on. I also find myself going back to a lot of pieces that I’ve had for years. I don’t need anything else! I know I’m talking the talk and need to walk the walk or whatever, but I really do want to try to save my money for more important things. For example: travelling! Or any other experience that is worth as much as an expensive handbag! I also still have school debt that I need to pay off so I think this resolution would benefit me in a lot of ways.
7. Read 30 books – I feel like this isn’t a surprise to those of you that know me. I’ve been giving myself yearly goals in regards to how many books I’d like to read throughout the year, and last year I read 20. It’s the same amount of books that I read the year before so I really, really would like to read more than 20 this year. I’m specifically aiming for 30 books? I think an extra 10 books would be very satisfying for me lol. As a side note, I’d like to try my best not to give up on books that don’t interest me right away. I’d like to try harder to push through them because I think I can learn a lot from books I can’t relate to. I need to push myself when it comes to broadening my perspective and my interests.
8. More self-love – I’m really hard on myself. Growing up my mom was pretty strict with me. It was hard to get her approval/”be good enough”. I know she just wanted the best for me but it’s made me really critical of myself in almost every way. I’m always aiming for that 10/10 in everything I do. I get really down when I make a mistake. The mistake could be an actual mistake, like forgetting or losing something, or it could be something like the way I reacted to something. I’ll get mad or disappointed with myself for getting upset or being mean. I need to realize that it’s okay to have emotions. It’s okay to not be happy or positive all the time. Sometimes I won’t get it right and that’s okay. It’s an opportunity to learn and to grow, and for the most part, I think I’m proud of who I am. So this year I’m going to love every bit of myself.
9. YouTube Channel/editing skills/more content – I’m actually loving creating videos. It’s so rewarding and fun to put together these memories and have a place to share them! I’m trying to be consistent with either recording a video for YouTube or posting a little one on IGTV. I want to keep practicing because I know that once I’ve created enough videos, I’ll be more comfortable to experiment! I can maybe invest in a better editing software? I’d like to work on more blog posts as well. I’m a little annoyed with my Instagram and how it’s outfit picture after outfit picture in either my bedroom mirror or one at work. I mean, I guess it’s kind of my brand? I just would like to do something different and more creative. It’s not the end of the world but I’d like some better quality photos mixed in there as well, if possible. I think in general, I just want to have more fun with this stuff and create more of a variety of content.
10. Get a driver’s license – Yes, I don’t drive. Yes, I don’t even have my G1 license. I’m surprisingly not as embarrassed as I used to be. In the small town I’m from, it’s the way of life. It’s the only way you’re going to go anywhere! If you don’t have your license, you must be staying at home and rotting away. Mind you, I am partially doing that here in the city anyway lol. But all the methods of transportation here make it so unnecessary to have a license or a car. I’ve been putting off getting a license forever because I just haven’t had the need for it anymore. As I get older and start to look more towards my future, I do think a license would be very beneficial in the long run. It’s just good to have and I might as well just get it over with.
Alright, there you have it! Thank you for reading my 2020 New Year’s Resolutions. I’d love to read what you guys would like to accomplish this year! Again, if you have any tips or tricks for me, I’d love to read those as well! Leave a comment below!
Until next time,
– Tiny ❤
Leave a Reply