Hi friends! Before I go on about what I am currently loving at the moment, I want to share something I’ve been thinking about lately. I’ve realized that not everyone can relate to all this Fashion/Style stuff that I blog about. I know occasionally I do a Book Review, but I think I want to write about some more relatable stuff as well. I’ve been thinking a lot about expanding the type of content that I want to share on my blog, and I think that I want to do travel aspirations, restaurants/places I’ve visited in Toronto, apartment décor, etc. Maybe some days I’ll just blog about my thoughts or feelings? I want to be able to post more frequently, like almost on a daily basis. So yeah, I’m not going to constrict all my content around Fashion and Style. I mean, I still LOVE Fashion and Style to death but I know a lot of you probably don’t feel the same. I wanna connect with ALL of you! SO yeah, that’s what I’m going to do for the next little bit. We’ll see how it goes!
Now on to today’s post. Currently Loving: Dresses Over Pants. If you don’t already know, I live in Canada. Winters are terrible, and apparently don’t seem to want to end! Seriously though, we had days where it was sunny and like 14 degrees Fahrenheit and now it’s back to -7 degrees. Global warming sucks. Anyway, what I’m trying to get at is that I’ve been itching to wear my dresses but it’s been too danggg cold. The weather has been all over the place and therefore the only solution has been to wear dresses over pants. The bonus to all of this is that it’s actually trending right now! Look at all these pictures below!
*Photos taken from Tumblr*
I actually really like the look of skinny jeans with a dress on top. I’m definitely going to use this trend to my advantage until Spring actually arrives. What do you guys think of the look? Hot or not? I would love to hear your opinions in the comment section below :))
Happy Monday! Cheers to a new week/new beginning! Hope you’re starting your week off right Xx
Hey friends! Hope you’re all doing well! Today’s post is all about another SS17 trend that I didn’t bother to mention in my “SS17 Trend Guide”. Why? Good question. Maybe because I thought stripes weren’t that big a deal? Well, I was wrong. STRIPES ARE SO UNDERRATED. I love them! I don’t know what it is about them. Perhaps it ties with my obsession with Paris? Breton stripes are a Parisian thing, right? My current (cause it changes all the freaking time!) dream travel destination is Paris, France. Or anywhere in France! I know it’s probably sounding really cliché but it just looks so amaziinngg! I love all of it. I’m a HUGE Wannabe Parisian, and therefore I need to go.
Anyways, back to the real reason why I’m here. What is that again? .. Just kidding. Stripes. They actually go with absolutely EVERYTHING. Stripes are the ultimate/most awesome pattern because they can be considered a neutral. You can wear them with denim, black, any freaking colour, and with any other pattern too! Now when I say stripes, I’m generally talking about blue and white or black and white stripes. Horizontally or vertically. Here are some pictures:
Do you see?! There are so many ways to wear stripes! These outfits are bomb!! I can’t wait to experiment with stripes this upcoming season. If you couldn’t tell, most of the pictures are from the Fendi SS17 Fashion Show. And let me tell you, Fendi knows how to do stripes. I had to resist sharing photos of every single look that was on Fendi’s runway lol. I also tied in some more wearable looks, but I think Fendi is great inspiration for this trend. I hope this inspires you guys as much as it inspires me! Comment below if you’d like to see a look based on this trend in an upcoming blog post! I may just do it anyway ;p
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday! (&Happy Valentines Day!!)
Until next time,
Hey friends! I’m currently a victim of a terrible stomach bug, and have isolated myself in my room with nothing to do. I can’t sit around and do nothing, so I thought I’d be productive and share a blog post! I kind of lost track of my “December Inspiration” and therefore I’ve decided to just share inspiration photos/photos of things I’m “currently loving”. I’ll probably continue to do monthly inspiration posts for 2017 because I like to see how my taste evolves throughout the year. I am going to put a stop to “Wardrobe Additions” though. As much as I liked the idea, I feel like it has encouraged me to shop more. I’ll go shopping and think: “I love this! And I could add it to my Wardrobe Additions for the month, so that’s even better!” So basically I was buying (or thinking of buying) even more clothes just for blog content. Definitely not the kind of mentality I should have if I want to save my money, pay off student loans, and travel. I have plenty of clothes that I can remix and re-style. I think that’s the great part about fashion and personal style. It works for any budget, and it’s more about how you express yourself than if you have the latest trendy piece. So here are some photos that inspire my current taste in fashion/style, and also some photos that I just loove right now:
There you have it! A quick post on what’s currently inspiring me style-wise. I know it’s not much, but it’s something! A new year’s resolution of mine if to be more consistent with blogging and to really (like actually) start my YouTube channel. I will keep you guys updated!
And until then, I hope you all had happy holidays and I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store!
Have a great weekend (hope your Friday is going better than mine!),
Hey everyone! So this month Selena Gomez attended Paris Fashion Week and ventured to London as well. How did I know that? Well I’m obsessed with her.
I’m not creepy enough to know if she went anywhere else so I’m labelling this post “Selena in Europe 2016”. I follow a Tumblr page called ‘Selena Daily’ and the pictures that have been coming up on my feed this month have made my jaw drop every time. She has looked so elegant and classy and gorgeous every time she has stepped out in that continent. She honestly should just live there because she has never looked better. Even casually she’s looking flawless!! (Can I just be her?!) Please observe the photos below so you can understand what I’m rambling about.
First of all, I want a cape now. Second of all, how do I pull off a sweat/track suit like this? Third of all, THIS IS WHY I NEED TO GO TO EUROPE. The fashion, the clothes, the style, the scenery… it’s all just BETTER. I’m also freaking in love with that Louis Vuitton bag that she carried with her in most of these pictures. It’s absolutely lovely *drool*.
Who else thinks that Selena Gomez’s style game has been super strong this month? She probably has a stylist, right? Either way, I give her an A++.
Hope you all have a great weekend! Be back here next week! ;D
Hey everyone! It’s definitely been a while since I’ve created a new blog post. I want to start off by saying “Happy New Year!” and I hope this year brings joy and happiness to you all. As my first post for 2016, I thought that it was most suitable to share with you guys my goals and resolutions for this following year. Now there aren’t many. I tried to keep the list short and sweet. Not only that, but I’m probably more likely to succeed if I keep the list a bit shorter ha-ha. Here’s my list!
- SAVE MONEY – This shouldn’t come as a surprise (especially if you know me well). I’m sure other women my age who are fashion and style bloggers love to shop. I mean, there are very few women in general who don’t like shopping – am I right? For 2016, I’ve promised myself to create my first savings account. I want to start saving my money and purchasing things I need rather than want. Of course, a treat here and there would be nice… But I’m going to be as strict as possible with myself, and save all (or the majority of) my money. I want a proper laptop. Currently, I am using a tablet with a detachable keyboard (*sadface*). I want to save my money for a laptop and also save for all this debt I have to pay off once I graduate.
- LEARN TO COOK – If you know me well, I can’t cook or bake. Cooking is far from my forté. I don’t know why I suck. I want to blame my mother but I don’t think these things can be hereditary. I’ve always wanted to make yummy dishes, especially for special occasions for myself and my boyfriend. Learning to cook has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember. Perhaps I’ll get lessons but for now, I’m going to try by choosing some easy recipes from the internet. I’ll keep you guys updated on how that goes ;D
- TRAVEL – Seeing the world is a dream of mine. I know a lot of people say this, but all I want to do is travel. However with school and the costs of travelling, it just has not been possible for me. If this savings account works out for me, I want to plan my first trip this year. I have never been on a plane and have never been out of the country. (I don’t consider my high school trip to New York really out of the country.) If I were to have the option to go anywhere, I’d want to go to Dubai or to the infamous continent of Europe. Going to the Philippines to meet my mother’s side of the family wouldn’t be too bad either. I’m DYING to go ANYWHERE. Since I graduate this year, I think there will be more opportunities for me to visit another country. I’m crossing my fingers.
- MAKE MEMORIES/LIVE LIFE – Three months ago, my father was diagnosed with cancer. It had started with a tumor inside his esophagus which had later spread into his liver, lungs, and bones. There was definitely no way to cure it and our only hope was to get him into remission. On January 4th, 2016, I lost my father. He passed away and is now in a better place. It’s certainly hard to go through and everything went by way too fast. This experience has opened my eyes and has reminded me that our lives can be taken sooner than we think. I want to appreciate every moment. I don’t want to take anything for granted. I miss my dad so much and I know he would want me to accomplish everything that I dream of. While I start to live and appreciate my life, I want to document everything. I want to take more pictures, make as many memories as possible, and just have fun.
- BLOG & VLOG – Blogging and making YouTube videos are things that I used to do that made me very happy. The fact that I have no time for either really upsets me. In 2016, once I’m finished school, I’m going back to blogging and vlogging regularly. I want to start-up my YouTube account again. I want to make outfit posts weekly. I want to throw so much content at you guys that you’re going to get sick of me!! (Not really though.)
- READ MORE – Reading is another pleasure of mine. I love to read. I love reading. Reading is what I love. You get what I’m saying lol? I want to read as many books as possible. I’m going to read every day, even if it’s just for a little bit. Whether it be on the bus on my way to work, or just a little bit before bed, I’m going to make the time to do what I love most.
- BE HAPPY – I think this one is a little self-explanatory but for some people it’s really hard. Overall, I just want to be happy. I want to appreciate how lucky I am. I’m not going to let little things get to me. I want to value the time that I have and not fuss over the unimportant things. As long as I stay positive, do things that make me happy, and surround myself with people I love, I don’t see this as being difficult at all. Being happy is a choice, and with my father now watching over me, I hope to have one of my best years so far.
Hey guys! Today I have a different kind of post to share. As I’m sure you’re all aware, it’s not 2014 anymore! I know it’s been a week but HELLO 2015!! Around this time of year people are often creating their new year’s resolutions. What is it that they say? New year, new me? Who cares. Why does a new year make a new you? YOU make a new you. If you think about it, it’s really just another day. I clearly don’t support the idea of depending on the new year to change yourself, but I do support the idea of bettering yourself! This could be done any time of year! For instance, I have decided to learn how to cook (properly), to spend money a little more wisely, and to drink more water! I think these little things could be great changes for me and I’m going to work hard to stick to them! I get my cooking skills from my mother, and by skills, I mean the lack there of. My Bucket List has always consisted of me getting proper cooking lessons but I think for now I’m going to try the self-teaching method hah (wish me luck!). As a fashion blogger, I find it really hard not to purchase all the latest trendy pieces. Working at Topshop doesn’t really help me either. I’m going to try my best to be smart and only purchase items that I know I’ll get my money’s worth. Items that I can basically see myself getting a lot of use out of. If I end up saving money like I hope to, I am dying to plan a trip. Anywhere. Seriously, just get me on a plane!! (I’ve never been on one.. shhh!!) Finally: water. I definitely don’t drink as much water as I should, and to change that I bought a reusable water bottle that I plan on carrying with me everywhere! At restaurants I am only asking for water. No pop. Water is soo good for you! Not only is it healthy but it’s great for your skin! I highly recommend you all to try and do the same!!
So yeah, that’s my plan. How are you planning on bettering yourself this year? Let me know in the comments below!