Hi friends! Since February has flown by and we are now in the month of March, I’ve decided to share with you the random things that I enjoyed/loved during the month of February. I know I’ve done a few of these before (side note: when I had a YouTube Channel I used to do these every month – I love them!), but I’ve decided to start it up again! Here are my February Favourites:
- The Mindy Project: This month I started watching The Mindy Project for the first time. I never really thought about watching it. I mean, I had heard good things but it never interested me enough to watch it right away. I think one day I was completely stuck on what I wanted to watch on Netflix so I just clicked and went for it. It honestly had me laughing out loud instantly – THIS SHOW IS HILARIOUS!! It’s definitely a ‘feel-good’ kind of show. I watched all 4 seasons in less than a week. If that doesn’t tell you how good it is, I don’t know what will. Honestly speaking, I’m watching every episode a second time right now. Check. It. Out.
- Swatch Watch: My mom is the cutest. For Valentine’s Day she got me this adorable Swatch watch, and I love it. There’s not really much else I can say about it. It’s so cute and my mom is so sweet to have got me it. She said that when she was my age she had one, so now I have one too!
- The Bell Jar: I discovered last month that my college’s library carries novels. Who knew?! They don’t just have boring old textbooks lol. So I borrowed The Bell Jar and The Handmaid’s Tale last month. I definitely went through both of them pretty quickly, but I think I read The Bell Jar much faster. It was an easy read and the story was incredible (and also somewhat depressing). It really opened my eyes about mental illness and how quick it can change someone’s life. If you’re like me and still haven’t read this classic, I suggest that you do.
- BonLook Eyeglasses: I got new eyeglasses this month! I had been looking for the right pair for the right price for a long time. I came across this website through YouTube and Twitter. TheFashionCitizen on YouTube are these twin sisters who have a great sense of style and do it all within a very reasonable budget. I asked them where they get their glasses on Twitter and they said that all of their glasses come from this site called ‘BonLook’! So I checked the website out and loved it. The prices are amazing, and I love the unique frames they have for you to choose from! I already want to buy another pair!
- Free People Sunglasses: If you guys know me well enough by now, you know I love sunglasses and can’t seem to realize that maybe I already have enough of them. I say, “NEVER!” This is a pair from Free People and I’ve been wearing them like crazy, last month and well-into this month. They’re currently my “go-to” pair.
- MAC Turquatic Perfume: I know I talked about this perfume in a post a couple weeks ago but it deserves another mention. Since that post I’ve noticed that people have been telling me that I smell good a lot more. I don’t know if they read my blog (I hope they do!) but a lot of people have been complimenting me. So many that I may just stick with this scent for a while, maybe purchase another bottle? (Whoa Nelly – ME considering this scent over Chloe- Love Story?!) – ’tis true.
- Mana-tea Tea Infuser: During the holidays I was introduced to David’s Tea and the whole “tea-craze”. I’m gonna give it to you straight… I’M HOOKED. I love different flavours of tea. I want to try ALL the flavours. I’m nuts about tea. So anyway, two months ago I browsed Amazon and came cross a bunch of different tea infusers. They came in different forms: a little man, a shark, a sloth, a strawberry, and a MANA-TEA! I, of course, got the manatee and although it took a month to get here from China, I love him. When he’s hanging off the side of the mug into the hot steamy water, it looks like he’s just chillin’ in a hot tub! Isn’t that cuuuttee?! I think I let him soak almost every night lol.
- Oscars: I don’t know how it began (could have been my love for movies), but for the past few years I have made watching the Academy Awards a priority. I always watch all of the nominations and if not all of them, I watch all the movies nominated for Best Picture. This year I watched all the Best Picture nominations and then some. I also decided to host an Oscars Party at my place. It was something different and made me love watching the Oscars even more. Most of all, I was glad all my friends were there to celebrate Leo’s big win!
So that’s it for my February Favourites! I hope you guys enjoyed reading about them. What were some of your favourites last month? Let me know in the comment section below!!
Have a great weekend!
I have an OUTFIT POST! Man, who would have thought I’d get around to making one of these anytime soon eh? Well I’m proud to say that I found time to get some pictures taken. I knew that if I was going to make another outfit post, my next one had to be of me in my dungarees. I could live in dungarees for the rest of my life. They’re just so comfortable and in my opinion, stylish. I feel super cool when I wear them – and again, that’s just my personal opinion! I understand if some people think they’re ridiculous or dumb, or maybe a little juvenile. I can’t lie and say that I don’t love them though. Going to the bathroom is rather annoying.. I’m always afraid a strap is going to dip into the toilet… but it’s all worth it! The dungarees/overalls that I’m wearing in these pictures are from Topshop. Like, where else would I get them haha? I adore the classic denim wash. A true blue! I feel like I’ll be able to wear these for a long time. I mean, not only is the wash timeless but it’s not like I’m going to grow anytime soon (unfortunately).. right?
Dungarees – TS | Top – TS | Shoes – Aldo | Bag & Sunglasses- TS
You have no idea how happy I was to take these pictures and to finally get the chance to make a proper blog post. I hope you guys enjoy this post as much as I do! I REALLY hope I’ll get the opportunity to be consistent and have another post ready for you guys next week! Here’s to hoping!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND THANK YOU FOR READING!
Love you all ❤
As you all know, it is May. Where the heck did April go?! I’m not to sure what the feedback was for my last post like this, but I enjoyed my “March Favourites” so much that I decided to do a similar post for April! Hope you guys don’t mind ha-ha.
A lot of my favourites for this month won’t come as a surprise to you. I’m pretty sure I’ve talked your guys’ ears off about most of them. For one, my Mackage bag. Still loving her, still treasuring her, still can’t believe she’s mine. I still tuck her into her dust bag at night. I’m also still loving my oversized denim jacket, and of course I’m still loving my sunglasses. I’m going to be honest you guys, I really think I am clinically obsessed with sunglasses. The amount of pairs that I have accumulated in the last month is embarrassing. Every time I go shopping, I gravitate towards the sunglasses and try a few on. I’m getting better at telling myself no though. Two favourites that I have not mentioned are Wentworth and Girl on the Train. Wentworth is a TV show that I found on Netflix. IT IS AWESOME. My honest opinion is that it is BETTER than Orange is the New Black. It’s definitely a little more intense. It’s Australian (cool accents are a bonus). There really isn’t much else that I can say besides that you should really watch it! If you’re into shows like Orange is the New Black but want something a little more “bloody” (for the lack of a better word), watch this show. Girl on the Train is the last but not the least of my favourites. It is one of the best books I’ve read in the last while. It was really hard to put down once I got into it. I don’t have a real picture of it because I borrowed the book from one of my managers at Topshop. I am SO GLAD that I did. I was tempted to keep it, but that would have been bad. It is such a good read in the sense that it kept me on my toes. It was a little bit of a mystery and kind of a thriller. It was just awesome. Please read it. I beg you all.
(Lol.) So that concludes April’s favourites! I really hope you guys enjoyed finding out what I loved during the past month. I’ll more than likely share my favourites for the month of May (unless you guys beg me to stop).
Hope you’re all having a good day! XX
Recently, since school has just finished, I’ve had a lot of free time. When I have free time, I like to go downtown, see everything that I can see, and shop. I’ve done this twice in the past week and I can’t tell you how much I enjoy it! I hope I never get tired of living in Toronto. Here are pictures of an outfit that I wore during one of those days. It probably comes as no shock but the majority of my outfit is from Topshop, literally everything but my shoes, sunglasses and bag (smh).
Tops – Topshop | Jacket – Topshop | Jeans – Topshop | Sneakers – Converse | Bag – Mackage | Sunglasses- Aerie
Happy Friday to all of you! I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Thanks for reading this post! Xxx
Before you say it! Yes, I got the denim jacket.. I went with the Topman one because the one from Depop felt a little risky. Although I would have loved a vintage Levi, I have no regrets. I’ve been wearing this oversized denim jacket everyday since I got it! I had a day off last Friday (no school AND no work- booya!) and I didn’t want to do anything but take pictures in the gorgeous weather! It was so nice outside that I had to wear a skirt and some open-toed heels. I may have looked a little too excited for summer but I didn’t care! I can’t wait to finish school this week and have more free time for my blog. It’s going to be one of my number one priorities this summer and I CAN’T WAIT! I LOVE SUMMER!
Sweater – Mexyshop | Skirt – F21 | Shoes & Sunglasses – Aldo | Jacket – Topshop | Bag – Mackage
Hope you like the first summer-y post of many! Have a happy Wednesday and TTY all soon!
– A xx
Quay Sunglasses, pronounced “key”, are my latest addiction. I’ve been seeing them EVERYWHERE. Celebrities, bloggers, youtubers, people I follow on snapchat, etc. THEY ALL HAVE BEEN WEARING THEM LIKE MAD! I honestly feel like there’s a new craze.. OR I’m just slow and realizing it now. I really like how unique they are and how good they look on everyone I see wearing them. I just recently got a pair of the “Frankie” sunglasses by Quay Australia. I thought I would never get my hands on a pair until my friend sent me a picture from @fashiontruckcanada’s Instagram account. They had posted this past weekend that they just got them in stock. I really wish you guys were there to witness this because I was literally dancing in my living room. I did everything I could to get my hands on a pair. I was visiting my family and was therefore out of town, so I couldn’t go downtown and snag them right away. So I e-mailed them, tweeted them, commented on their Instagram photo and they got back to me! I had such a memorable experience with them. Throughout this past weekend I was talking to Ashley (one of the owners of FTC) and she sent me photos of all the sunglasses they had in stock and gave me her opinion on them to help me choose. To top it all off, she even personally delivered them to my doorstep! When I came home from my visit with my parents, THEY WERE RIGHT THERE! This happened within a span of like two days.. It was awesome! I’m still smiling (*loser*).
Here’s my face wearing my Frankies:
Here’s the pictures that I have collected of other people wearing Quay Sunglasses (*loser*):