Hey everyone! I’m very, very, very happy that I finally have some of my own photos to share this time!! I have an outfit of the day, can you believe it?! I can’t even remember the last time I was able to get some decent outfit pictures. Actually.. it was probably the last time my friend Keni (Instagram: @kenifromtheblock) took pictures of me ha-ha. This outfit was based on layering, and mixing casual pieces with a piece that would be considered more formal. This printed drape-y vest was something I got on sale at Topshop last year and I always considered it as kind of a more dressier piece. To layer and make this vest look more casual, I added jeans, a distressed t-shirt, sneakers, and a leather jacket! I like how it turned out, and I’m glad I opted for green as a pop of colour. Normally, I would have been safe and gone with a neutral-coloured t-shirt BUT NOT THIS TIME ;D I know it’s not anything crazy. This is only a bit of an example of how I have been evolving in terms of style and taste. I can’t wait to show you guys more!
All Clothes – Topshop | Converse Sneakers – Softmoc | Earrings – American Eagle (Old)
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. You guys have no idea how much I like to share my outfits and I’m gonna try my best to do it more. I’m currently thinking about doing an “Outfits of The Week” post. What do you guys think of that idea? Let me know in the comment section below!!
Until next time!
Hi everybody! Today’s post is all about my current obsession: eyeglasses. Not just any eyeglasses though. I am OBSESSED with these glasses that I got from Durumi http://www.instagram.com/thedurumi (a store downtown on Queen St). I just love these frames and every time I wear them to work I get so many compliments. They were only $25! They really add a bit of quirkiness to my outfits- and I love it.
The funny part is that I actually have proper prescription eyeglasses but I choose to wear these non-prescription ones instead. Makes sense, right? If anyone knows, can you get prescription lenses put into cheap frames like these? I may just go to Lenscrafters and find out myself. Or maybe there’s even similar frames there that I can turn into prescription glasses!?! I’ll keep you all updated. Don’t worry.
— But that’s it for today, my friends! Sorry that it’s a bit short and sweet this time. *GOOD* NEWS though! For the first week of January, beginning on New Years Eve, I will be using my vacation time! That’s an entire week of me, myself, and blogging ;)) I can’t wait, CAN YOU?
Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend so far! Get that Christmas shopping done! (I’m saying this more for me than for you LOL)
Until next time,
Hey guysss! It’s nice to be back. I just bought a new laptop yesterday and felt super motivated to get a blog post together. So here it is! (Also, HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING!)
These photos that I’m about to share were taken a month or so ago. It’s already starting to feel like Fall, so it makes me a little sad to look at them now. (I miss Summer!!)
But I’m also ready for all the cozy sweaters Fall brings. I’m already starting to layer up and wear my heavier jackets – it’s crazy how fast the seasons are changing! Sooner than we know it, Winter will be here… ugh.
Anyways, I’m back in my hometown with a new laptop and some free time, so I thought I’d share these photos that I have been wanting to post for a while now. My tablet that I normally used for blogging decided to stop working on me. The touchscreen died and the keyboard would pick and choose when it would want to respond to my typing. It was quite annoying. All of that is over now (thank goodness), so I’ll get on with these photos! (Jsyk they were taken by Deniz again! <333) They were taken downtown Toronto at Honest Ed’s. It’s a discount store that was opened in 1948 and is unfortunately, going to be closed down sometime in the near future. It’s sad that such a historic building is no longer going to be around. It’s definitely more of a tourist-y kind of place but it’s still something I think most people in Toronto have experienced. If not, maybe they should! Here’s a quick glimpse of a center alley of the building (it’s riveting stuff lol).
Top – Topshop | Jeans – Topshop | Belt – Topshop | Sneakers – Converse | Earrings – Adornmonde
Those are the pictures – I hope you like them! I know it hasn’t been unreasonably long since my tablet died, but I feel a little rusty atm. Is it just me? Anyways, glad to be back (again). I hope my fellow Canadians are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am definitely thankful to have you guys who think my blog is worth reading. I appreciate it a lot :))
(Happy 9th Birthday to my little sister, Anikah xx)
Until next time,
Hey everyone! It’s been a really long time since I’ve shared photos of myself in an outfit. I admit, I feel a little rusty. That’s why I only have 3 mediocre photos for today’s post (heh, sorry!). On a brighter note, look at me! Two Fridays in a row now ha-ha! I don’t want to jinx anything but I think I’m getting my groove back! Yippee!!!
Today’s post is about a piece that I have been wanting to add to my wardrobe for the longest time. I just haven’t been able to justify the purchase. I didn’t want to spend a ton of money on a coat I may or may not even enjoy wearing all the time. I mean, wanting one for years was probably enough justification but I still didn’t want to drop alotta dolla dolla bills, y’know? I’m still working at Topshop and every year we come out with a leopard coat that is basically the same, just with a little modification (if you can call it that). For example, the latest one had a black collar lol. I bought the one from last year ON SALE, which was originally $180, but I got it for $50!! Can you say SCORE?!
Not only did I get this leopard baby for a steal but I actually am in love with it. I find myself wearing it a lot lately. I’m a little surprised because I thought it wouldn’t go with a lot because of how loud leopard print can be, especially in coat-form, but it’s fitting with the rest of my wardrobe perfectly! I am one happy camper.
So what are your guys’ thoughts? Do you like leopard print? Do you like it in coat-form? Some people think of old women when it comes to wearing leopard coats. I personally think of Emma Roberts ;D (Go check her Instagram!)
Thank you all again for taking the time to read my blog. I appreciate it! Hope you all have a great weekend!
Until next time!
Hey everyone! It’s definitely been a while since I’ve created a new blog post. I want to start off by saying “Happy New Year!” and I hope this year brings joy and happiness to you all. As my first post for 2016, I thought that it was most suitable to share with you guys my goals and resolutions for this following year. Now there aren’t many. I tried to keep the list short and sweet. Not only that, but I’m probably more likely to succeed if I keep the list a bit shorter ha-ha. Here’s my list!
- SAVE MONEY – This shouldn’t come as a surprise (especially if you know me well). I’m sure other women my age who are fashion and style bloggers love to shop. I mean, there are very few women in general who don’t like shopping – am I right? For 2016, I’ve promised myself to create my first savings account. I want to start saving my money and purchasing things I need rather than want. Of course, a treat here and there would be nice… But I’m going to be as strict as possible with myself, and save all (or the majority of) my money. I want a proper laptop. Currently, I am using a tablet with a detachable keyboard (*sadface*). I want to save my money for a laptop and also save for all this debt I have to pay off once I graduate.
- LEARN TO COOK – If you know me well, I can’t cook or bake. Cooking is far from my forté. I don’t know why I suck. I want to blame my mother but I don’t think these things can be hereditary. I’ve always wanted to make yummy dishes, especially for special occasions for myself and my boyfriend. Learning to cook has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember. Perhaps I’ll get lessons but for now, I’m going to try by choosing some easy recipes from the internet. I’ll keep you guys updated on how that goes ;D
- TRAVEL – Seeing the world is a dream of mine. I know a lot of people say this, but all I want to do is travel. However with school and the costs of travelling, it just has not been possible for me. If this savings account works out for me, I want to plan my first trip this year. I have never been on a plane and have never been out of the country. (I don’t consider my high school trip to New York really out of the country.) If I were to have the option to go anywhere, I’d want to go to Dubai or to the infamous continent of Europe. Going to the Philippines to meet my mother’s side of the family wouldn’t be too bad either. I’m DYING to go ANYWHERE. Since I graduate this year, I think there will be more opportunities for me to visit another country. I’m crossing my fingers.
- MAKE MEMORIES/LIVE LIFE – Three months ago, my father was diagnosed with cancer. It had started with a tumor inside his esophagus which had later spread into his liver, lungs, and bones. There was definitely no way to cure it and our only hope was to get him into remission. On January 4th, 2016, I lost my father. He passed away and is now in a better place. It’s certainly hard to go through and everything went by way too fast. This experience has opened my eyes and has reminded me that our lives can be taken sooner than we think. I want to appreciate every moment. I don’t want to take anything for granted. I miss my dad so much and I know he would want me to accomplish everything that I dream of. While I start to live and appreciate my life, I want to document everything. I want to take more pictures, make as many memories as possible, and just have fun.
- BLOG & VLOG – Blogging and making YouTube videos are things that I used to do that made me very happy. The fact that I have no time for either really upsets me. In 2016, once I’m finished school, I’m going back to blogging and vlogging regularly. I want to start-up my YouTube account again. I want to make outfit posts weekly. I want to throw so much content at you guys that you’re going to get sick of me!! (Not really though.)
- READ MORE – Reading is another pleasure of mine. I love to read. I love reading. Reading is what I love. You get what I’m saying lol? I want to read as many books as possible. I’m going to read every day, even if it’s just for a little bit. Whether it be on the bus on my way to work, or just a little bit before bed, I’m going to make the time to do what I love most.
- BE HAPPY – I think this one is a little self-explanatory but for some people it’s really hard. Overall, I just want to be happy. I want to appreciate how lucky I am. I’m not going to let little things get to me. I want to value the time that I have and not fuss over the unimportant things. As long as I stay positive, do things that make me happy, and surround myself with people I love, I don’t see this as being difficult at all. Being happy is a choice, and with my father now watching over me, I hope to have one of my best years so far.