March is fast-approaching! To me, that means it’s time for a new “Inspiration” post! If you’re a new reader, every month I try to share pictures I’ve stumbled upon on the internet that have inspired my style throughout the month. For the month of February I’ve definitely been loving a mixture of things you guys already know I love. I’ve just been more adventurous lately. I know my style is a bit different than most people, but I think I’ve been comfortable taking more risks. This month I’ve been embracing colours and fun pieces. I love things that are out of the ordinary. Combining pieces that don’t necessarily match but still manage to work well together, that’s what I’ve been loving. It’s definitely not easy because I’m also worried about having pieces that I won’t be able to wear in years to come. You’ve got be wise/savvy. That’s the marvelous thing about Fashion! Self-expression, being creative, and the ability to still do it on a budget!
Specific pieces that I wore a lot this month were patterned blouses, Converse sneakers, basic t-shirts, striped anything, and straight jeans. I mixed patterns, I played with colours, and I wore some statement accessories (especially earrings) as well. I definitely want to continue to grow and become more comfortable expressing myself. I have to admit that I do still think of the kind of looks I’ll get on the bus or what people will think of me while at work. I want to overcome that! I just want to do me.
Also, I really just want to share all my looks. Just to have a place to document and see my growth in terms of my taste and style with what I wear. I need a steady photographer. If you guys know of anyone in the Toronto area who would like to take pictures once or twice a week (for free/for practice), send them my way!
Alright, I think I’ve rambled enough for today. I hope you guys are satisfied with how your Februarys turned out. If you did anything exciting within the last month, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Until next time,
Hey friends! Hope you’re all doing well! Today’s post is all about another SS17 trend that I didn’t bother to mention in my “SS17 Trend Guide”. Why? Good question. Maybe because I thought stripes weren’t that big a deal? Well, I was wrong. STRIPES ARE SO UNDERRATED. I love them! I don’t know what it is about them. Perhaps it ties with my obsession with Paris? Breton stripes are a Parisian thing, right? My current (cause it changes all the freaking time!) dream travel destination is Paris, France. Or anywhere in France! I know it’s probably sounding really cliché but it just looks so amaziinngg! I love all of it. I’m a HUGE Wannabe Parisian, and therefore I need to go.
Anyways, back to the real reason why I’m here. What is that again? .. Just kidding. Stripes. They actually go with absolutely EVERYTHING. Stripes are the ultimate/most awesome pattern because they can be considered a neutral. You can wear them with denim, black, any freaking colour, and with any other pattern too! Now when I say stripes, I’m generally talking about blue and white or black and white stripes. Horizontally or vertically. Here are some pictures:
Do you see?! There are so many ways to wear stripes! These outfits are bomb!! I can’t wait to experiment with stripes this upcoming season. If you couldn’t tell, most of the pictures are from the Fendi SS17 Fashion Show. And let me tell you, Fendi knows how to do stripes. I had to resist sharing photos of every single look that was on Fendi’s runway lol. I also tied in some more wearable looks, but I think Fendi is great inspiration for this trend. I hope this inspires you guys as much as it inspires me! Comment below if you’d like to see a look based on this trend in an upcoming blog post! I may just do it anyway ;p
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday! (&Happy Valentines Day!!)
Until next time,
Hi friends! Since February has flown by and we are now in the month of March, I’ve decided to share with you the random things that I enjoyed/loved during the month of February. I know I’ve done a few of these before (side note: when I had a YouTube Channel I used to do these every month – I love them!), but I’ve decided to start it up again! Here are my February Favourites:
- The Mindy Project: This month I started watching The Mindy Project for the first time. I never really thought about watching it. I mean, I had heard good things but it never interested me enough to watch it right away. I think one day I was completely stuck on what I wanted to watch on Netflix so I just clicked and went for it. It honestly had me laughing out loud instantly – THIS SHOW IS HILARIOUS!! It’s definitely a ‘feel-good’ kind of show. I watched all 4 seasons in less than a week. If that doesn’t tell you how good it is, I don’t know what will. Honestly speaking, I’m watching every episode a second time right now. Check. It. Out.
- Swatch Watch: My mom is the cutest. For Valentine’s Day she got me this adorable Swatch watch, and I love it. There’s not really much else I can say about it. It’s so cute and my mom is so sweet to have got me it. She said that when she was my age she had one, so now I have one too!
- The Bell Jar: I discovered last month that my college’s library carries novels. Who knew?! They don’t just have boring old textbooks lol. So I borrowed The Bell Jar and The Handmaid’s Tale last month. I definitely went through both of them pretty quickly, but I think I read The Bell Jar much faster. It was an easy read and the story was incredible (and also somewhat depressing). It really opened my eyes about mental illness and how quick it can change someone’s life. If you’re like me and still haven’t read this classic, I suggest that you do.
- BonLook Eyeglasses: I got new eyeglasses this month! I had been looking for the right pair for the right price for a long time. I came across this website through YouTube and Twitter. TheFashionCitizen on YouTube are these twin sisters who have a great sense of style and do it all within a very reasonable budget. I asked them where they get their glasses on Twitter and they said that all of their glasses come from this site called ‘BonLook’! So I checked the website out and loved it. The prices are amazing, and I love the unique frames they have for you to choose from! I already want to buy another pair!
- Free People Sunglasses: If you guys know me well enough by now, you know I love sunglasses and can’t seem to realize that maybe I already have enough of them. I say, “NEVER!” This is a pair from Free People and I’ve been wearing them like crazy, last month and well-into this month. They’re currently my “go-to” pair.
- MAC Turquatic Perfume: I know I talked about this perfume in a post a couple weeks ago but it deserves another mention. Since that post I’ve noticed that people have been telling me that I smell good a lot more. I don’t know if they read my blog (I hope they do!) but a lot of people have been complimenting me. So many that I may just stick with this scent for a while, maybe purchase another bottle? (Whoa Nelly – ME considering this scent over Chloe- Love Story?!) – ’tis true.
- Mana-tea Tea Infuser: During the holidays I was introduced to David’s Tea and the whole “tea-craze”. I’m gonna give it to you straight… I’M HOOKED. I love different flavours of tea. I want to try ALL the flavours. I’m nuts about tea. So anyway, two months ago I browsed Amazon and came cross a bunch of different tea infusers. They came in different forms: a little man, a shark, a sloth, a strawberry, and a MANA-TEA! I, of course, got the manatee and although it took a month to get here from China, I love him. When he’s hanging off the side of the mug into the hot steamy water, it looks like he’s just chillin’ in a hot tub! Isn’t that cuuuttee?! I think I let him soak almost every night lol.
- Oscars: I don’t know how it began (could have been my love for movies), but for the past few years I have made watching the Academy Awards a priority. I always watch all of the nominations and if not all of them, I watch all the movies nominated for Best Picture. This year I watched all the Best Picture nominations and then some. I also decided to host an Oscars Party at my place. It was something different and made me love watching the Oscars even more. Most of all, I was glad all my friends were there to celebrate Leo’s big win!
So that’s it for my February Favourites! I hope you guys enjoyed reading about them. What were some of your favourites last month? Let me know in the comment section below!!
Have a great weekend!
Hey everyone! It’s been a really long time since I’ve shared photos of myself in an outfit. I admit, I feel a little rusty. That’s why I only have 3 mediocre photos for today’s post (heh, sorry!). On a brighter note, look at me! Two Fridays in a row now ha-ha! I don’t want to jinx anything but I think I’m getting my groove back! Yippee!!!
Today’s post is about a piece that I have been wanting to add to my wardrobe for the longest time. I just haven’t been able to justify the purchase. I didn’t want to spend a ton of money on a coat I may or may not even enjoy wearing all the time. I mean, wanting one for years was probably enough justification but I still didn’t want to drop alotta dolla dolla bills, y’know? I’m still working at Topshop and every year we come out with a leopard coat that is basically the same, just with a little modification (if you can call it that). For example, the latest one had a black collar lol. I bought the one from last year ON SALE, which was originally $180, but I got it for $50!! Can you say SCORE?!
Not only did I get this leopard baby for a steal but I actually am in love with it. I find myself wearing it a lot lately. I’m a little surprised because I thought it wouldn’t go with a lot because of how loud leopard print can be, especially in coat-form, but it’s fitting with the rest of my wardrobe perfectly! I am one happy camper.
So what are your guys’ thoughts? Do you like leopard print? Do you like it in coat-form? Some people think of old women when it comes to wearing leopard coats. I personally think of Emma Roberts ;D (Go check her Instagram!)
Thank you all again for taking the time to read my blog. I appreciate it! Hope you all have a great weekend!
Until next time!
Hello! It’s that time again! Time for me to share the photos that inspired me this month. It’s definitely felt a lot more like Winter this month (unfortunately). However, this cold month had me embracing the art of layering and combining pieces I never thought I’d wear together. Who would have thought layering jackets would be so chic? (i.e. lady with a denim jacket underneath her overcoat) I wore my leather jacket underneath my coat most of the time! Being warm has definitely been key. I gravitated most towards anything chunky or fuzzy/furry (not real fur, of course). Scarves were also a big thing for me. Whether it was a scarf, a neckerchief or a turtleneck, I made sure my neck was warm.
Here’s a shocker: I’ve been mixing prints! I’ve even been wearing more colour! I know these photos aren’t the best examples. Hopefully soon I can show you an example myself… but I’ve honestly been loving it. I feel adventurous. I feel more stylish than I ever have before. Let me be one to say that a little print in your outfit isn’t going to hurt anybody! Embrace it, my friends!
I feel like I just preached to you guys about prints and colour lol. If you guys want to stick to black and your jeans and tees, fine by me. However, if you wanna branch out from being a little basic (and I encourage you to do so), try some print or wear pink! Or red! Or BOTH! You don’t even have to spend any money! Raid someone else’s closet. Maybe your mom’s? You can go to the thrift store and pay like $5 on a sick printed or coloured piece that no one else will have! If you’re like me, you’ll be surprised at how much you love it. *ends rant*
As always, I appreciate all of you who take the time to read my blog. It really means a lot to me. I hope this post was enjoyable and until next time, take care and be safe!
(Oh, and all these pictures were taken from Tumblr.)