Hi friends! Before I go on about what I am currently loving at the moment, I want to share something I’ve been thinking about lately. I’ve realized that not everyone can relate to all this Fashion/Style stuff that I blog about. I know occasionally I do a Book Review, but I think I want to write about some more relatable stuff as well. I’ve been thinking a lot about expanding the type of content that I want to share on my blog, and I think that I want to do travel aspirations, restaurants/places I’ve visited in Toronto, apartment décor, etc. Maybe some days I’ll just blog about my thoughts or feelings? I want to be able to post more frequently, like almost on a daily basis. So yeah, I’m not going to constrict all my content around Fashion and Style. I mean, I still LOVE Fashion and Style to death but I know a lot of you probably don’t feel the same. I wanna connect with ALL of you! SO yeah, that’s what I’m going to do for the next little bit. We’ll see how it goes!
Now on to today’s post. Currently Loving: Dresses Over Pants. If you don’t already know, I live in Canada. Winters are terrible, and apparently don’t seem to want to end! Seriously though, we had days where it was sunny and like 14 degrees Fahrenheit and now it’s back to -7 degrees. Global warming sucks. Anyway, what I’m trying to get at is that I’ve been itching to wear my dresses but it’s been too danggg cold. The weather has been all over the place and therefore the only solution has been to wear dresses over pants. The bonus to all of this is that it’s actually trending right now! Look at all these pictures below!
*Photos taken from Tumblr*
I actually really like the look of skinny jeans with a dress on top. I’m definitely going to use this trend to my advantage until Spring actually arrives. What do you guys think of the look? Hot or not? I would love to hear your opinions in the comment section below :))
Happy Monday! Cheers to a new week/new beginning! Hope you’re starting your week off right Xx
Hey everybody! I’m back with information that I have been dyyying to share with you guys since Christmas. You’re gonna laugh. Wait for it..
My brother got me the perfect croc-textured baaaggg!! (THANK YOU, AARON <3)
Mind you, I did pick it out and order it myself.. he just gave me the money. NONETHELESS he still got it for me, and I love it, and I’m gonna use it until it falls apart!
Do you guys remember how this croc-textured-bag-hunt started? I noticed that the Olsen twins (and many of my other style icons) wear them ALL THE TIME. Literally every candid photo of them is with some variation of a crocodile or snake-textured bag. They’re gorgeous, and I think they’re also pretty classy (the bags and the Olsen twins). I could go on with how obsessed I am but I won’t. All I can say is that Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are terrible enablers. The saddest part is that we’ve never even met..
Anywho! I am very grateful for this Christmas present (and for my brother, obv). I hope that one day I can maybe own a nice expensive one. It will probably take a million years but until then, this one from Zara is my baby. I took some photos of her, have a look!
I’m reading this over and I’m realizing that I’m treating this bag like it has feelings. If you know me, this is how I am with bags. If you don’t know me: I AM A HUGE BAG LADY (/nerd). If I could own a closet full of bags, I really, really would. A bag “is merely a piece of iconography used to express individual identity”. Thank you Doug, from the movie Devil Wears Prada. The Devil Wears Prada is my favourite movie and I just found out the character’s name was Doug. He’s right though! I feel like a woman can be defined by the kind of bag she wears. Her bag can express her personality and her taste. Am I wrong? Hopefully this Zara bag expresses that I’m a wannabe Olsen twin, haha! I can’t wait to wear it all the time! I’ll be sure to include it in upcoming outfit posts!
Hope you all have a fab weekend! Happy Fridaay!
Until next time,
Hi guys! As most of you well know, last night was the 88th Annual Academy Awards/Oscars night and Leonardo DiCaprio WON ‘Best Actor’ (finally). Hallelujah! I don’t think anyone can say that they were not happy for him. I don’t know about you guys but I was screaming when he won. Leonardo deserved it, but you don’t need me to tell you that.
If people aren’t talking about Leo’s Oscar win, they’re talking about who wore what. Who owned the red carpet?! This post will be based on my opinion on who looked the best and who looked the worst. I’m sure some of you won’t agree, but here they are:
My top 5 picks for “Best Dressed”:
- Cate Blanchett – SHE LOOKED AMAZING! I think she definitely stole the red carpet this year. She looked like a goddess. She wore Armani Prive in the most gorgeous blue-y green hue. I love it. The 3D flowers are beautiful. Cates’s whole look is just perfect.
- Olivia Wilde – She is a very close second. I love this dress and I absolutely love the collar necklace that she wore with it. It is the sexiest choker I have ever seen. I love it. The back of this Valentino dress has these tasteful butterfly-looking wings – they’re amazing! She was the epitome of glamorous, which is basically what the Oscars are all about.
- Daisy Ridley – Honestly, I had know idea what her name was. I just recognized her as that “Star Wars Chick”. After her jaw-dropping appearance on the red carpet however, I am never going to forget her name! This is a Chanel Haute Couture dress and she did a heck of a good job pulling it off.
- Rooney Mara – Again, had no idea who this woman was but I will not forget her after last night. This Givenchy dress is beautiful. I am a sucker for delicate lace and dresses with delicate detailing like this one. I can’t really describe it. I want to say doily, but like a beautiful doily. Either way, good job Rooney! Y’look HOT.
- Rachel McAdams – I can’t forget my fellow Canadian/home-girl. Did you know she grew up near the town I’m from? I know I sound biased, but look at her! This green August Getty Atelier dress looks great on her! I love the halter neckline. She looks crazy fit (look at those arms!) and look at that sexy train. Well done babe, well done.
My top 5 picks for “Worst Dressed”:
- Heidi Klum – What was she thinking? Honestly speaking, the whole look is a disaster to me. Her makeup is too minimal and this Marchesa dress looks like a huge drape-y curtain pinned with flowers. Also, the color is bad. It’s like scraps of lilac-ish material thrown together. Maybe I’m being harsh but she just really disappointed me this year. This is a nightmare.
- Julianne Moore – A great actress, don’t get me wrong. This poor Chanel Haute Couture dress was just not the dress for her though. I’m sure it would look good on someone else but it’s way too harsh of a color for Julianne. I think her pale skin should not wear that much black. On top of that, this looks like a prom dress on her.
- Whoopi Goldberg – If I read my information correctly Whoopi got a team of designers to create this dress to look similar to one that was worn by Bette Davis. I think this dress should have stayed on Bette Davis. It just isn’t flattering Whoopi. At all.
- Amy Poehler – I don’t even know what to say lol. I think this awful Andrew Gn dress speaks for itself, am I right? The embroidery (I think) is a fail, and she’s drowning in all that fabric.
- Brie Larson – It kills me to put her on this list but I really wanted more from her at the Oscars this year, ESPECIALLY since I wanted her to win ‘Best Actress’ SO BAD. She did win. I am so happy that she did! I just wish she looked better doing it!! She’s so pretty but this dress reminds me of something I would have found shopping for prom at Le Chateau. Sorry Gucci.
So there you are! My top 5 best and worst dressed at this year’s Oscars. Did I forget anybody? If you think I forgot to mention someone, let me know in the comment box below! — OH! I also have another post prepared for you guys on Friday, so keep your eyes peeled for that! ;D
Hope you guys have a great day! Happy “first-day-of-March”!