Hey friends! We’re fast approaching the end of the month, so I’m back with nothing other than another Inspiration post. I’m sorry I haven’t mixed things up in a while. I’ve wanted to focus on my blog and create some new content but with working in retail and it being the holiday season, I’ve been exhausted. This past Black Friday weekend really wore me down – and it wasn’t even that busy! I did work all three days of Black Friday weekend, and in between I took a road trip to my hometown, so I really just needed some rest. If you work in retail and understand how busy and tiring it is, comment below! How did your Black Friday go?
Anyways, I’ll stay on track here. So today’s post is my inspiration for the month of November. You guys know how these work. If you haven’t visited my blog before (welcome!!), I post a series of pictures that have inspired/influenced my style for every month. For November, I’ve been loving sweaters, teddy bear coats, mom jeans, more fishnets, lots of colour, slip dresses layered over t-shirts, and “nibbled” tees (I’ll explain in a bit). Oh, and of course the Olsen twins. I’m definitely still loving them. Just to update you all, I still haven’t found the perfect croc textured bag for me. If you’ve seen one that you think I might like, bless your soul. Please share it in the comment section below!!! xx
To get into more detail, I’ve just been loving being cozy and looking stylish while I’m at it. I bought this teddy bear-esque coat from THE GAP and I’m absolutely in love with it (check it out on Instagram!). I could fall asleep on the bus wearing it. It’s THAT cozy. I’ve also been loving bright colours, or just anything that’s not black or grey. Winter is a “blah” time for most people. I think black is definitely a go to colour for this season, but I like colour! Colour makes me happy. For example, on days that need brightening, I’ve been gravitating towards my hot pink trousers. “Nibbled” tees are these lightly distressed t-shirts that we sell at Topshop. I’ve bought one in almost every colour. They go with everything and I love the fit & shape of them! At one point I thought they were called “moth-bitten” tees. You can probably Google them with either name! I might actually do a blog post on them and how I’ve been styling them.
As always, to better understand what I’ve been rambling about. Take a look at the inspiration photos below!
There you have it! November’s Inspiration. I can’t believe it’s almost December! Where has the year gone? AHH. Christmas is in like 3 weeks and I’ve bought one Christmas present. I hope you’re all ahead of the game and not like me!
Until next time,
Hi guys! As most of you well know, last night was the 88th Annual Academy Awards/Oscars night and Leonardo DiCaprio WON ‘Best Actor’ (finally). Hallelujah! I don’t think anyone can say that they were not happy for him. I don’t know about you guys but I was screaming when he won. Leonardo deserved it, but you don’t need me to tell you that.
If people aren’t talking about Leo’s Oscar win, they’re talking about who wore what. Who owned the red carpet?! This post will be based on my opinion on who looked the best and who looked the worst. I’m sure some of you won’t agree, but here they are:
My top 5 picks for “Best Dressed”:
- Cate Blanchett – SHE LOOKED AMAZING! I think she definitely stole the red carpet this year. She looked like a goddess. She wore Armani Prive in the most gorgeous blue-y green hue. I love it. The 3D flowers are beautiful. Cates’s whole look is just perfect.
- Olivia Wilde – She is a very close second. I love this dress and I absolutely love the collar necklace that she wore with it. It is the sexiest choker I have ever seen. I love it. The back of this Valentino dress has these tasteful butterfly-looking wings – they’re amazing! She was the epitome of glamorous, which is basically what the Oscars are all about.
- Daisy Ridley – Honestly, I had know idea what her name was. I just recognized her as that “Star Wars Chick”. After her jaw-dropping appearance on the red carpet however, I am never going to forget her name! This is a Chanel Haute Couture dress and she did a heck of a good job pulling it off.
- Rooney Mara – Again, had no idea who this woman was but I will not forget her after last night. This Givenchy dress is beautiful. I am a sucker for delicate lace and dresses with delicate detailing like this one. I can’t really describe it. I want to say doily, but like a beautiful doily. Either way, good job Rooney! Y’look HOT.
- Rachel McAdams – I can’t forget my fellow Canadian/home-girl. Did you know she grew up near the town I’m from? I know I sound biased, but look at her! This green August Getty Atelier dress looks great on her! I love the halter neckline. She looks crazy fit (look at those arms!) and look at that sexy train. Well done babe, well done.
My top 5 picks for “Worst Dressed”:
- Heidi Klum – What was she thinking? Honestly speaking, the whole look is a disaster to me. Her makeup is too minimal and this Marchesa dress looks like a huge drape-y curtain pinned with flowers. Also, the color is bad. It’s like scraps of lilac-ish material thrown together. Maybe I’m being harsh but she just really disappointed me this year. This is a nightmare.
- Julianne Moore – A great actress, don’t get me wrong. This poor Chanel Haute Couture dress was just not the dress for her though. I’m sure it would look good on someone else but it’s way too harsh of a color for Julianne. I think her pale skin should not wear that much black. On top of that, this looks like a prom dress on her.
- Whoopi Goldberg – If I read my information correctly Whoopi got a team of designers to create this dress to look similar to one that was worn by Bette Davis. I think this dress should have stayed on Bette Davis. It just isn’t flattering Whoopi. At all.
- Amy Poehler – I don’t even know what to say lol. I think this awful Andrew Gn dress speaks for itself, am I right? The embroidery (I think) is a fail, and she’s drowning in all that fabric.
- Brie Larson – It kills me to put her on this list but I really wanted more from her at the Oscars this year, ESPECIALLY since I wanted her to win ‘Best Actress’ SO BAD. She did win. I am so happy that she did! I just wish she looked better doing it!! She’s so pretty but this dress reminds me of something I would have found shopping for prom at Le Chateau. Sorry Gucci.
So there you are! My top 5 best and worst dressed at this year’s Oscars. Did I forget anybody? If you think I forgot to mention someone, let me know in the comment box below! — OH! I also have another post prepared for you guys on Friday, so keep your eyes peeled for that! ;D
Hope you guys have a great day! Happy “first-day-of-March”!
Hey everyone! It’s definitely been a while since I’ve created a new blog post. I want to start off by saying “Happy New Year!” and I hope this year brings joy and happiness to you all. As my first post for 2016, I thought that it was most suitable to share with you guys my goals and resolutions for this following year. Now there aren’t many. I tried to keep the list short and sweet. Not only that, but I’m probably more likely to succeed if I keep the list a bit shorter ha-ha. Here’s my list!
- SAVE MONEY – This shouldn’t come as a surprise (especially if you know me well). I’m sure other women my age who are fashion and style bloggers love to shop. I mean, there are very few women in general who don’t like shopping – am I right? For 2016, I’ve promised myself to create my first savings account. I want to start saving my money and purchasing things I need rather than want. Of course, a treat here and there would be nice… But I’m going to be as strict as possible with myself, and save all (or the majority of) my money. I want a proper laptop. Currently, I am using a tablet with a detachable keyboard (*sadface*). I want to save my money for a laptop and also save for all this debt I have to pay off once I graduate.
- LEARN TO COOK – If you know me well, I can’t cook or bake. Cooking is far from my forté. I don’t know why I suck. I want to blame my mother but I don’t think these things can be hereditary. I’ve always wanted to make yummy dishes, especially for special occasions for myself and my boyfriend. Learning to cook has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember. Perhaps I’ll get lessons but for now, I’m going to try by choosing some easy recipes from the internet. I’ll keep you guys updated on how that goes ;D
- TRAVEL – Seeing the world is a dream of mine. I know a lot of people say this, but all I want to do is travel. However with school and the costs of travelling, it just has not been possible for me. If this savings account works out for me, I want to plan my first trip this year. I have never been on a plane and have never been out of the country. (I don’t consider my high school trip to New York really out of the country.) If I were to have the option to go anywhere, I’d want to go to Dubai or to the infamous continent of Europe. Going to the Philippines to meet my mother’s side of the family wouldn’t be too bad either. I’m DYING to go ANYWHERE. Since I graduate this year, I think there will be more opportunities for me to visit another country. I’m crossing my fingers.
- MAKE MEMORIES/LIVE LIFE – Three months ago, my father was diagnosed with cancer. It had started with a tumor inside his esophagus which had later spread into his liver, lungs, and bones. There was definitely no way to cure it and our only hope was to get him into remission. On January 4th, 2016, I lost my father. He passed away and is now in a better place. It’s certainly hard to go through and everything went by way too fast. This experience has opened my eyes and has reminded me that our lives can be taken sooner than we think. I want to appreciate every moment. I don’t want to take anything for granted. I miss my dad so much and I know he would want me to accomplish everything that I dream of. While I start to live and appreciate my life, I want to document everything. I want to take more pictures, make as many memories as possible, and just have fun.
- BLOG & VLOG – Blogging and making YouTube videos are things that I used to do that made me very happy. The fact that I have no time for either really upsets me. In 2016, once I’m finished school, I’m going back to blogging and vlogging regularly. I want to start-up my YouTube account again. I want to make outfit posts weekly. I want to throw so much content at you guys that you’re going to get sick of me!! (Not really though.)
- READ MORE – Reading is another pleasure of mine. I love to read. I love reading. Reading is what I love. You get what I’m saying lol? I want to read as many books as possible. I’m going to read every day, even if it’s just for a little bit. Whether it be on the bus on my way to work, or just a little bit before bed, I’m going to make the time to do what I love most.
- BE HAPPY – I think this one is a little self-explanatory but for some people it’s really hard. Overall, I just want to be happy. I want to appreciate how lucky I am. I’m not going to let little things get to me. I want to value the time that I have and not fuss over the unimportant things. As long as I stay positive, do things that make me happy, and surround myself with people I love, I don’t see this as being difficult at all. Being happy is a choice, and with my father now watching over me, I hope to have one of my best years so far.