Hey everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! I, personally, am not a Halloween fan. I’m sorry but I don’t like getting dressed up in a costume! You think that I would since I love fashion and adorning myself, but I don’t. It’s not how I like getting dressed up. I still hope those of you that love the holiday had a great one though! Today, I’m here to share with you another month’s favourites. Time’s going by fast folks. It’s November 1st! Christmas will soon be here!!? But let’s stress about Christmas during another blog post lol. Here are the things I loved during the month of October!
1. Lip products (Innisfree, Sunnies, Drunk Elephant) – It’s that time of year where my lips get dry more easily. It’s kind of a pain in the butt. Last month I invested in (because it was a lot for a lip balm) Drunk Elephant’s “Lippe Balm”. It’s made to “soothe and rescue” and baby, it does just that. I’m not going to lie, I’ve gone through two of these bad boys already. Originally, I stole it from my boyfriend. Then he bought me another one for Christmas last year. They are so hydrating and they don’t leave my lips feeling heavy. Do you know that feeling I’m talking about? It’s like you can feel the caked on product on your lips because you know if you don’t apply a good layer, it won’t actually work. This lip balm is lightweight no matter how many layers I put on, doesn’t make my lips look cloudy, and it works. 100% recommend. The other two products are used as lip stains because I also find that I look dead now that the sun is gone. I put a light coat of either one of these two products: Sunnies Lip Dip lip cream in the colour “terracotta” or Innisfree’s Vivid Cotton Ink in number 07 or 08 (I forget and the sticker is all ruined – I’m sorry!!). Both are great colours for Fall/Winter!
2. En Route Jewelry x @best.dressed earrings – I think I’ve talked about these already, or I’ve at least hyped them up a little in a few of my past posts. Now I’m here to fully introduce them! These are my new favourite earrings that I received in the mail last month. One of my favourite YouTubers, Ashley (@best.dressed), collaborated with En Route Jewelry. I’ve shopped from En Route Jewelry twice before and I have never been more happy with an online purchase. I love their earrings and I wear everything I’ve ever gotten from them on a regular basis. When I learned that the two of them got together and created a line of jewelry, I had a panic attack. I think I placed this order the same day it came out lol. When I first opened the package and saw these two pairs of earrings, my breath was taken away! They are so much prettier than I expected! I get compliments on both pairs ALL the time. The first pair is this cute and unique design. They’re gold safety pins with little pearls! I’ve worn this pair a little more than the other and I love how they look with all of my outfits. I’m really obsessed. The second pair is the baroque style earrings with the green little gems. They look like one of your grandmother’s heirlooms. They’re so beautiful. There are definitely more earrings and other pieces of jewelry in the collection that I would love to get my hands on. You guys should definitely check them out: http://www.enroutejewelry.com/collections/best.dressed
3. What Red Was by Rosie Price – I’m going to be posting a book review about this novel. Another book that really put me in someone else’s shoes. It gave me a lot of perspective and that’s one of the things I love most about reading. I love to learn and I will read anything that will give me perspective and a better understanding. The protagonist in this novel is sexually abused in her best friend’s home. The trauma that she goes through is completely awful, and I don’t think it’s even possible to fully understand unless you’ve been a victim yourself. It’s a very eye-opening story and it makes you realize that this happens more often than you think. It’s a great read and I think you all should read it. Again, I’ll have a book review on it in a few days!
4. Peaky Blinders – Season 5 came out on Netflix and I made it a mission to rewatch everything from the beginning, and I made my boyfriend do it with me! We haven’t quite made it to the latest season yet. However, rewatching it has been just as great as when I first watched it! This is my boyfriend’s first time and he loves it, too. I don’t know what it is about Cillian Murphy but he’s so great. I think it’s his brains. I’m super attracted to men with intelligence. He’s so smart and always a step ahead. He’s also got a great face. His brothers are hilarious. Their whole family dynamic is wonderful. I’ve only got great things to say! I love their little suits. The accents are lovely. I could go on but I want you all to watch it if you haven’t already!
5. Unbelievable – Clearly, I’ve been watching a lot of Netflix lately. Last month I also finished the first season of “Unbelievable”. It’s a series about sexual abuse victims and the detectives trying to solve this case of a serial sexual abuser. It’s a lot. Many of my friends messaged me when they saw that I was watching it and wondered how I could continue to watch it because they had to stop. It’s triggering. He ruined these girls lives. They were living in fear that he could come back at any time and do it again. They were also afraid that there were more of him out there. Why were they picked out of everyone? It’s a heavy show to watch but you guys know that I’ve been really into crime lately. I’m interested in the psychological aspect of it all. I wanted to know what this guy was thinking and why he thought it was okay to do this. He not only thought it was okay to do it once but multiple times! If you can handle this kind of content, I recommend watching it. There are a lot of sexual abuse victims out there and you need to understand that it really is happening a lot more often than you think. We need to do all that we can to help victims to have the courage to speak up.
6. Hair products – Again, with Winter fast approaching, everything starts to get dry faster. My lips and also the ends of my hair get so dry! I don’t want dry and brittle hair so I’ve invested in a moisture & shine cream and a round brush. I’m not sure what the round brush does, but I feel like it has something to do with how much shinier my hair looks. The moisture + shine cream that I bought is by R + Co and it was recommended by my hair stylist, Olivia, at Twentyseven (@twentyseventoronto). She’s the owner of this hair salon located on St. Clair West and she’s the best. Now that I’m using product on my hair, I’ve noticed that it does take a little longer to blow dry my hair now. I haven’t quite mastered how to dry my hair with this new brush either, but I’m learning lol. What I do know is that it’s worth it and my hair is feeling much softer and healthier!
8. Toronto Library card – I got a library card! Honestly, getting this free library card has changed my life. I don’t know why I hadn’t signed up for one sooner but I’m sure glad that I have one now. I can borrow up to 50 books from the library!!! The library closest to me is practically in my backyard so I’ve been constantly putting books on hold and picking them up whenever I can. It’s been thrilling and I’m so happy. It’s saving me so much money on books. I still want my own library one day but this way I’ll purchase books I absolutely love. If you live in Toronto and love reading books as much as I do, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you get a library card. It’s amazing.
9. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Yes, ANOTHER show. There’s been so many good ones! I started watching “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” on Amazon Prime Video. It was one of those ones where I didn’t really have any sort of expectation. I really just needed something to watch so I decided to give it a shot during one of my days off. Little did I know that it was ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS I’VE EVER SEEN. I’m serious. It’s set in the late 50s and now I’m obsessed with that decade. Mrs. Maisel is a single mom trying to become the next big comedian. Back then, women weren’t seen on stage and making jokes. I love how she contributes to paving a new path for women. She’s the coolest and weirdest badass of a character. She’s also hilarious. Miriam Maisel also does everything with grace. She wears a black cocktail dress and a string of pearls (like Audrey Hepburn) while she’s telling her vulgar jokes and it’s amazing. It’s also not just her character that you fall in love with either. Her parents are hilarious and her manager is hilarious (The woman that played Mrs. Ungermeyer in The Lizzie McGuire Movie!!). My boyfriend came over while I was in the middle of watching the last few episodes and he was upset that he missed out on the rest. I think he might start watching it himself. I’m telling you, it’s that good. Not only that, it’s won a ton of Emmy awards! Please give this show a shot. If you don’t have Amazon Prime Video, I’m sure there’s somewhere you can stream it. It’s worth it, trust me.
10. The Heathers scrunchie – This was purchased because of Olivia as well. You can find this gorgeous oversized scrunchie at Twentyseven (@twentyseventoronto). She had given me a sample to try because she had not yet had a client with long hair try them on. When I tied my hair with it, my jaw completely dropped. It’s literally the hair accessory of my dreams!!! It was so effortless to put in my hair. I literally tied my hair like I would with any normal elastic but this made my hair look like a work of art! I bought the sample from her right then and there, and then I posted about it. I kind of felt bad because people were wanting them and they weren’t even ready to be sold yet, but I love it so much and I think everyone should get one of these little guys. For days when I don’t know what to do with my hair, I go to this scrunchie and feel instantly elevated. If you’d like one for yourself, you can visit their store or purchase one online. Just visit their instagram page @twentyseventoronto. They’re only $30! I might get another lol.
Alright, that’s another month gone and another set of favourites! I hope you guys enjoyed reading about what I loved most last month. I also hope you guys watch one of these shows or try some of these products for yourself! If you do, please let me know! I would love to hear about it :))
Until next time!
– Tiny ❤