I know it seems a little too late to be posting this when we’re already close to the end of June, but I’ve been so good with posting a monthly favourites video and blog post this year that I just have to put this out there before sharing my favourites for the month of June (I don’t want to break my streak!!!). I did have this prepared to post earlier but there were/are way more important things going on that I didn’t want to upload it at that time. I hope you guys understand.
There are a lot of fun things that I loved throughout the month of May that I’m still excited to share with you all. If you want to here me talk a little more about each favourite, you can watch my YouTube video below!
Here are my “May Favourites“:
- Ice roller – I picked this up after seeing it used on someone’s IG story. My jade roller broke so I was looking for a new roller anyway, and when I saw that this one turned to actual ice, I was all on-board lol. It’s summer and it’s so hot here in Toronto that having an ice roller is not only good for the circulation in your face (or whatever it does lol), but it’s also so refreshing and cooling when you’re in an apartment that doesn’t have air conditioning. It was under $15 on Amazon and probably one of my favourite Amazon purchases of all time.
- Expressie nail polishes – My rooomate and I are obsessed with Essie’s new line of nail polishes that dry incredibly fast. The line is called “Expressie” and they’re polishes that make painting your nails at home so much easier. We’re so crazy about them that we have almost every colour now! I’m hoping more colours come to our local Shoppers Drug Mart because I can’t purchase any other brand of nail polish now, especially after being introduced to such luxury lol.
- Evio Beauty lip products – I’m not sure if I mentioned it on my blog already but Evio is a beauty brand based here in Toronto and they reached out to me and asked if they could send me a few products! They sent me their hydrating lip gloss and creamy lip-spo liner both in the colour “Val“. I actually really like their formula and the colour is perfect for every day. I wore it a lot throughout the month of May and I highly recommend checking out there Instagram @eviobeauty!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in “Abu Dhabi” – With all this spare time, I’ve found myself watching a lot of beauty/makeup routines on YouTube. I’ve learned about a lot of different products but I’m a sucker for lip things. I saw this inexpensive/beautiful colour in one of those YouTube videos so I decided I’d pick it up the next time I’m at the drug store. It’s one of NYX’s soft matte lip creams in the colour “Abu Dhabi“. It’s a great neutral shade and I like how soft it is when applying. It really does feel like a cream. I’m considering another shade but there are honestly too many to chose from.
- TOPSHOP gingham purse – I fell in love with this bag a few months before on the TOPSHOP UK website. I wanted to buy it then but the duties they charge are too steep for my liking. I wanna say that I must have manifested it to come to Canada but who knows lol. All I know is that when I saw it online on thebay.com, I didn’t even question it. It’s such a cute little bag! It’s not very practical but I’ve loved it with so many of my outfits. And besides, we all know I’m a sucker for anything gingham.
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi – Where do I even begin? This book did a number on me, it had me sobbing for about 20 minutes after finishing it. I even called my boyfriend for emotional support. Golly, it was something. Long story short, it’s a book written by a very intelligent man and how he deals with his diagnosis with cancer, and everything that happens after that. The book is wonderful in the sense that it gives you a different perspective. I’ve always been terrified of dying, but Paul taught me that there is a way of accepting it and that death isn’t the scariest and worst thing there is. To better understand what I’m saying, I just really recommend reading this book. It’s beautiful and I promise you that even though I cried, I still recommend it and I would read it again.
- Gold rope chain necklace from Durumi – You guys know how obsessed I am with this local small business here in Toronto. They sell Korean fashion and I cannot get enough of them. When they closed for the pandemic I felt the need to support them in any way that I could so I made a little order and bought this necklace from them. I am in love with it! I think it really completes my combination off layered gold chain necklaces. I feel like the family is officially complete lol. It was $30 and I find that their jewelry’s quality lasts a lot longer than most of my other inexpensive jewelry. Check out their instagram @thedurumi!
- Rain On Me by Lady Gaga feat. Ariana Grande – I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SONG. I’ve been going on walks lately and it’s just such an uplifting and motivating song. It’s really hard not to dance to it. It’s been a month since I recorded this video and I’m still bopping to it! Give it a listen if you haven’t already because it’s a good one!
- Modern Family on Netflix – I had watched an episode of this show here and there but I never actually started and paid full attention to the show as a whole. It’s so good. It puts me in such a good mood! I started watching maybe a little over a month ago and I’m on Season 8. I am HOOKED. I love their family dynamic and I think they’re so relatable. I’m constantly laughing out loud by myself to this show and I love it.
- Coursera: Fashion As Design course – As a way to exercise my brain and make the most of my time in quarantine, I decided to download the app “Coursera” and join a free course! I decided on Fashion As Design because I love fashion and I could never say no to learning more about design and the history of fashion. The course is taught by the MOMA. It was 7 weeks long and I found it really informative and I actually loved being quizzed every week. I sort of miss college if I’m being honest. I love learning and this course gave me a taste of learning and really exercising my brain again. I actually might try another course since I’ve recently been told that I won’t be working for yet another month.
Alright, that’s it! That’s everything that I loved during the month of May. Again, I hope you guys understand why I’m posting this so late. I apologize that it took so long, but I’m going to have my “June Favourites” posted sooner than you know it! I’m going to try to have it up right away or at least in the next week or so.
Hope you’re all well, and until next time!
– Tiny ❤