Okay. I know we’re already a week (or two lol) into the month of May, but I haven’t had time to write my “April Favourites” because I got back from Cuba on the 4th. I apologize if this sounds like an excuse but better late than never, right?! Also: Happy Victoria Day!
To make up for it, I think I have a decent bunch of favourites to talk about and I’m excited to share ’em! Here are my favourite things/what I loved during the month of April:
1. Game of Thrones: I’m pretty sure this is the only show I watched during the month of April – and until yesterday I was still watching it because the last episode of Season 8/THE ENTIRE SERIES HAPPENED LAST NIGHT. What did you guys think of it?!! Disappointed? Satisfied? .. Loved it? Anyways, being the genius that I am, I thought around the end of March that I should re-watch EVERY SINGLE BLOODY EPISODE of GoT before the new season started on April 14th. I gave myself TWO weeks to watch 7 SEASONS OF GAME OF THRONES. It was literally like, 3-4 episodes a night. It was messed. up. I was a little behind on Season 8 Episode 1 but it all worked out! I avoided spoilers and overall I’m glad I did it! If you still have never watched an episode of this series, I highly recommend you get on it. Especially now that it’s officially over, you can binge the entire freaking thing! No time constraints! You’ll LOVE it, I swear.
2. “A” Necklace – Céline-inspired? Chloe-inspired? I know they’ve both done really nice big initial pendant necklaces, but I forget where this particular necklace originated from because (*ahem*) I got this one on AMAZON. It was only $12!!! Can you believe it?!?! I get so many compliments on it and I love it so much that I’ve bought a back-up just in case anything bad happens to my first one.
3. Jade roller: I know a lot of people probably have mixed feelings about these jade roller things. I think there’s also a pink one made from rose quartz or whatever? I personally don’t know where I stand with these contraptions but I can tell you that I do feel a difference and I do like the feeling it gives me while using it. Honestly, it could all be in my head. It’s meant to do a ton of really great things for your face like: reduce puffiness and under eye circles, stimulate blood circulation, tighten pores, brighten your complexion, etc. I can’t say I really see any of this happening to my face but it feels good! And if this is happening to my face and I don’t even know it, that’s sick! I won’t complain! I know some of these things can be like $50 and I promise you that I did not pay that much for something I was unsure about. I bought my jade roller at Winners for $8. If you’re curious about a jade roller and would like to give it a shot, go to Winners! It’ll make you feel less guilty if you end up not seeing/feeling a difference at all! Is it real jade? Who knows lol.
4. AirPods: I think I bought these last month. I can’t quite remember because I can’t picture my life without them anymore lol. I never knew how much I would appreciate not having a cord attached to my earphones. I don’t have to worry about them getting caught or untangling them every time I go to use them. AirPods are amazing. I am pro-AirPods. I know some people think they’re stupid, a waste of money or just for looks but I love mine. A charge lasts about a week and I use them to commute for 40min to an hour to work and back! I work full-time so I think that’s really good! Get yourself some, you won’t regret it!
5. Skincare: Let me start off by saying, I have no clue what got into me last month. I am a soap and water kind of gal. I am not high maintenance when it comes to washing/taking care of my face and I never have been. Is that terrible? I usually just buy whatever is on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart and my boyfriend makes fun of me for it lol. He got me the Drunk Elephant “Lala Retro Whipped Cream” moisturizer and I don’t think I can use a Shoppers’ moisturizer ever again. This Drunk Elephant one is so good! Aside from a new face moisturizer and a jade roller, I’ve been using sheet face masks a lot lately. I’ve also decided to start using Bio Oil more religiously because I have some pimple scars that kind of bother me. They’re recent scars, too! I tried a sample of SK-II (I really wanted to play with skincare!!) and it broke me out pretty bad. All in all, it’s been a great month for my skin. I’ve realized that not everyone needs to use the fancy/expensive stuff. Some people’s skin only need the basics! Like water! I’ve been drinking a lot more water lately and it definitely shows despite that I still think I could be drinking more.
6. Sea/ocean-inspired jewellery: I’m sure a bunch of you that pay close attention to trends or follow a lot of fashion accounts on Instagram have noticed a trend in jewellery this Spring/Summer season. SHELLS ARE EVERYWHERE. Anything related to the sea or the ocean has been popping up in some form of jewellery, whether it be earrings, a bracelet, a necklace, etc. I got lobster earrings a few weeks ago from TOPSHOP and I adore them. I got a bunch of shell anklets from the Philippines that I have stashed away for when my legs can fully come out lol. I also bought a matching necklace on Amazon for $8. I have these hoops with sparkly shells dangling from them. I have these other dangly ones with REAL shells hanging from them. I’m a little obsessed, okay?! I’m sure this collection will grow as we get further and further into the season. TBH there’s a pair of starfish earrings that I’ve been losing sleep over from @thedurumi on Instagram. I’ve been meaning to stop by their shop and get them but I’ve been too busy :(( Anyways, what do you guys think of this trend???
7. Tortoise/clear bag from TOPSHOP: This was probably my most worn bag aside from my Gucci baby. I took it with me to Cuba because it’s so easy and so cute. I like that it’s transparent and I can find everything easily. I’ve also received a ton of compliments so I feel kinda cool when I wear it lol. Also: it fits WAY more than you think it would!
8. The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon: FULL DISCLOSURE: I only bought this book and was interested in reading it when I found out that Charles Melton was playing a lead role. Does this make me a terrible person? I’m sorry! I just find him so handsome! I can’t wait to see the movie when it comes out on May 17th. Are any of you excited? As far as the story goes, I think it’s pretty cute. Whether or not I believe it can really happen to a person is another story. It’s basically about a young couple that falls in love pretty quickly but life’s not exactly on their side. I know that’s really vague but trust me, it’s different from most love stories like this. It’s pretty unique and I think it’ll be a good movie! I would give you more details but you guys should know by now that if I say anything more I’ll probably ruin the entire story for you.
9. CUBA: Where do I begin?!! I think if I have to pick my favourite thing about Cuba, it would be the sun & the ocean. I loved Havana (especially old Havana because the old buildings were amazing) but we don’t have heat and an ocean like they do! I’m obsessed with both. I swear that I belong near the ocean and somewhere hot. Cuba has the best beaches that I have ever seen. The water is so blue! I know the sun isn’t great for your skin but I feel happier with a tan! I’m currently working on a little project that will show you how much fun I had in Cuba but I don’t want to share it just yet! Just know that my trip will be fully disclosed very, very soon!
And with that, I think I’ll end the blog post here! I’m pretty behind with posts but I have a line-up that I’ve been slowly chipping away at. Just know that lots of content will be up and more frequently if everything goes as planned!
Until next time!
– Tiny ❤