April is officially here!! January was long af, February was a hot mess, but March made it all worth it :)) I did exciting things and I’m feeling so motivated and inspired that I believe that April is going to be even better! During the month of March I hosted a bridal shower with my cousins for my sister that’s getting married at the end of this month. I think that after the bridal shower everything just hit me! My sister is GETTING MARRIED and there’s so much that still needs to be done!!!
March was also great because I did a little modelling for TOPSHOP Canada and the Hudson’s Bay! They needed a model for their prom campaign and since I’m 25 years-old and still look like a high school senior, I seemed pretty good for the job lol. It was only for their social media but it was fun being a lil’ model for a day! A lot of the dresses were big for me so we had to clip a lot. It’s crazy what goes on behind a photo! *Spoiler alert*: everything is not what it seems! Here are some photos that have been shared on Instagram so far:
They’re not that bad for having zero modelling experience, right? This experience for me was really cool and I hope I get an opportunity to do something similar again!
Now on to my March Favourites! I’m going to be honest and say that I feel like if you have already read my previous posts, none of these favourites are going to surprise you. But here they are any way!
1. Urban Decay “Naked Reloaded” Palette: I’ve been loyal to Urban Decay for so many years and I don’t plan on buying eyeshadow palettes from any other brand in the future. (Well, maybe if I can afford a palette by Pat McGrath ha-ha) I love their quality and I love their colour ways! I think I have 4 or 5 Urban Decay “Naked” palettes and this most recent one is a practically a combination of all of them! I love having my favourite shades in one palette, it’s like UD made this for me!! My favourite shades are (and you can probably tell by how beat up some colours are compared to others lol) “Barely Baked“, “Angel Fire“, “Reputation“, “Burn” and “Boundaries“. Honestly, if you want a lightweight palette to carry with you everywhere for that perfect “every day”/natural look, this one is for you!
2. Sweet Bitter by Stephanie Danler: This book has been on my list of books to read for about a year but I kept finding other books and pushing it to the side. Part of me wishes I read this book sooner but also, everything happens for a reason. You guys know I suck at summarizing or giving a gist of things because I always end up giving everything away. So what I’m going to tell you is that if you like food and restaurants/have ever worked as a waitress/server, you’d really like this book! It gives a perspective that I never knew and more insight on what life might be like in New York. Speaking of New York, I really want to try and go for even a weekend this year! It’s definitely on my mind and on my list of things to do in 2019. Anyways, going back to Sweet Bitter, there’s also a bit of romance in there if you’re sucker for that stuff like I am. There’s also a TV Show based on the book. It’s only a few episodes long but it was cool to watch afterwards!
3. More Than Words by Jill Santopolo: Idk what it is about Jill Santopolo’s writing but she knows how to get you to feel for and relate to her characters. I cried reading her last book. It’s called “The Light We Lost” and it was so good. Even though I didn’t cry, her latest novel “More Than Words” is just as good. It’s about a woman who is about to inherit her father’s legacy, which is their hotel business in New York. Her father has cancer and she feels like she has even more pressure to live up to his expectations and really follow in his footsteps. She discovers a lot about herself and falls in love with her boss (not her father btw!). The catch is that she’s been dating her bestest friend for about a year and knows that he is who her father wants her to marry in the end. It’s quite dramatic, folks lol. But if you’re into this sort of thing, it’s one of the good ones! I recommend it!!
4. Vintage Gucci Bag: I’ve mentioned this in my last few posts but this is my Gucci baby up close and personal. I don’t really know what to say. I stumbled upon her, made sure she was real, and then in a matter of like, 3 days? – she was mine! This is my first designer bag. No, I’m lying. I had a Rebecca Minkoff and I owned a few Coach bags. However, I think Gucci is a serious step. I’d also love a Chanel, or a Chloé, or a Louis Vuitton, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here lol. I’d love to give advice on how to get your hands on vintage designer bags but I’m still experimenting and trying to figure it out myself. What I do know is that you have to do your research. You do not want to drop a ton of money on something that isn’t even real. Make sure you Google the crap out of it. Try to get a serial number and research how to spot a fake!
5. Hair Accessories: Again, in my last few posts I’ve talked about this. My hair is dull and dying. It really needs some TLC. I have a hair appointment next week and I’m so excited for it! It’s been at least 6 months since my last haircut. For now, I’ve been trying to make it look alive with hair clips and headbands. I’ve also been curling it a lot because who cares? My hair is mostly dead any way lol! A lot of these hair accessories are from TOPSHOP (all the headbands for sure). Some are from a boutique downtown Toronto, on Queen Street. I was gifted a few, too. I also think you can get some really cute ones on Amazon but I haven’t really looked into it. If you have any recommendations on where I can find unique, cute and affordable hair accessories, let me know in the comment section!
6. Boiler Suit(s): In my last post I shared that I wore my very first boiler suit a couple of weeks ago. To be honest, I wasn’t going to even bother with a boiler suit because I’m too short, and we never get fun stuff like that in our Petite section at TOPSHOP. But I saw that there was a size 0 (which is rare) so I thought I’d amuse myself and give it a shot. When I put it on I was so shocked that it actually fit me! The legs were super long but that’s an easy fix. We have a place that does alterations in the Hudson’s Bay and it’s pretty affordable (if you get an employee discount). So I bought it and I got it hemmed and now I have the coolest new piece in my wardrobe! I’d love to get another boiler suit in a light fabric to wear in the Summer, but I know I might be pushing my luck by expecting another size 0 to come in. Cross your fingers for me though!
Those are the things I loved most throughout the month of March! I’m already excited and writing down ideas for April because this will also be an exciting month for me! Like I said, my sister is getting married! In Cuba! So there will be a lot to share from that trip!
Until next time!
– Tiny ❤