Whoa, it’s January 1st, 2019. Happy New Year, everyone! Today marks the beginning of a new year and if you’re one to believe that the new year brings a fresh start, you’re probably thinking about your resolutions like I am.
I like the idea of a clean slate and basically starting from scratch. I also like the opportunity to do better! I know some people think that you can start from scratch and turn a new leaf at any time throughout the year but this works best for me!
Don’t get me wrong though, I’m not that great with sticking to these resolutions (hopefully this changes this year) but I appreciate starting the year with a good mindset. Resolutions help me with that.
So for 2019, I would like to start my year with these following resolutions (plus a few more)!
- Travel somewhere new: I think I’ve mentioned it enough, but I’m gonna say it one more time: I want to travel the world. I know I can’t see the entire world in one year. I mean, it would be nice but I don’t get enough vacation time for that lol. I will be happy if I get to travel to at least one new destination. Luckily for me, my sister is getting married in Cuba this year! So technically, this resolution can be considered complete! But maybe it won’t count? I’d love to visit another destination but we’ll just have to wait and see! Any recommendations on where I should travel to next?!
- Read more books: So every year I kind of tell myself that I want to read more but it was only last year where I actually documented every book that I finished reading. I’m disappointment that I only read 20. This year I’m aiming for 30!!
- More time with family: My family is kind of scattered (we don’t live in the same city anymore) and we’re all at an age where we’re becoming more independent and living our own separate lives. It’s really hard to stay in touch with all of our schedules and sometimes when we do have the time, we don’t have the energy to visit or take the time to call. I want to make myself take that time. In retail, I have to be social and interact with people ALL DAY LONG. When I get home, all I want to do is relax and have some time to myself and to recharge. I do want to make more of an effort though! I plan to call and check-in with them at least once a week.
- Learn how to drive: Yes. I am 25 years-old and I do not have my drivers license. TO BE HONEST, this has been a resolution for a few years now and I just haven’t been able to get around to it. I don’t really need my license, the TTC is fine (although annoying sometimes). I just think having it would be nice. Ya never know, right?
- Stop procrastinating: I put off blog posts. I make all these goals for myself and sometimes (most of the time) I say, “I’ll do it tomorrow.” But then days go by and I still haven’t done it. I know procrastinating is common and life happens, but if I don’t have a good excuse to not do what I have planned, I want to make myself do it. Whatever “it” is. I love the feeling of accomplishment. So I need to accomplish those things I want to accomplish, amirite?
- Keep a journal: I hate to admit this. It’s not something I’m proud of but my mind sometimes takes me places that make me pretty upset, worried, and feeling sorry for myself. I get so stuck in my head that I stop thinking clearly. I think waaay too much. I overthink, actually. Keeping a journal and writing my thoughts will help clear my mind, or so I believe. I think writing everything down will make those bad/stupid thoughts go away before they get out of control. I know I probably sound like a madwoman but we all have our days and we can’t always be strong. I have wrote some feelings and thoughts down before, and it really has helped! If you guys have that ugly brain noise sometimes, I totally recommend it.
- Get organized: I’d like to think that I can be pretty obnoxious in terms of organization sometimes, but I find that it is inconsistent. I want to keep a daily schedule for myself. Most of the time I write out a daily list of things I want to accomplish for the day but I would like to stay on it. Every night, I want to look at my agenda and see what I have planned. Then from there, I’ll organize and figure out other little things that I would like to do that are realistic. I have a problem of trying to fit as much as possible in one day and then I am left with half of my list incomplete. No more of that!
- Save money/get out of debt: Probably the hardest thing for me. I work in retail. I see new things come in twice a week. It’s hard, man. I want it allllll. I just have to remind myself of the travelling I want to do, my sister’s wedding, and the debt I still owe for my education.
- Drink more water: I think these past few months I’ve been pretty good with drinking more water. I want to make sure that I drink at least three full bottles of water a day. I know it might not be enough for me as a human. I probably could use more, but this is a realistic goal for me (considering that I used to not drink water at all)!
- Cook more: OK.. I hate cooking. I don’t have the patience for it. Does this make me a terrible future wife? Probably. I’m the kind of girl that will eat because I have to in order to stay alive. It’s weird thought, because I L.O.V.E. FOOD! I just can’t cook it or afford it. I’m a PB&J kind of gal, if ya know what I mean lol. I really need to stop because this leads to my next resolution..
- Take better care of my body: Eating properly and taking care of my body as a whole is definitely something I need to work on. Like, I’m 25 now.. I can’t get away with this sh*t anymore (lol)!! I’m gonna try to eat better and I’m going to wash my makeup off my face before bed, and start using better skincare products. Maybe start taking some vitamins? Maybe that’s a stretch. Speaking of stretching, I need to figure out a way to be active without going to the gym. I hate the gym. I could workout at home, I guess.. Physical activity is just hard for me unless I’m playing some kind of sport. I need to take care of my body though, so I’m going to figure it out!
- 2 blog posts (at least) a week: I want to have a strict schedule of posting at least twice a week. I think I’d be happy with that sort of consistency! Some bloggers post EVERY DAY and I don’t know how they do it if they also have a full-time job. It’s hard! It takes a lot of energy. I need to be in the mood to write (and weirdly enough it’s usually at night after a cup of tea lol). I think two blog posts a week is a fair and realistic goal. I mean, look at me now! This is my second post for this week! #winning
- Trust and let things go: We’re gonna get a little deep here, and I know it might be pretty vague. But most of the men in my life have broken my trust in some way. I don’t want to get too into it but I have realized that I have some trust issues that I really need to face. I need to be stronger and learn to just trust and let.it.go. Letting go and just trusting will have a much better result than if I hold back and hold onto this fear that I’m going to be hurt and disappointed again. Not every guy is the same and there are people worth trusting, and I know that by letting everything go I am also letting there be a possibility of having something great.
OKI. That’s it for my resolutions. I’ll be sure to keep you all updated on how they’re going throughout the year. Wish me luck! I’d also love to hear about other people’s resolutions for 2019, so leave me a comment below if you’d like!!
Happy New Year, again!
Until next time,
– Tiny ❤