It’s midnight. I’m in my robe on my couch, was pretty sure I was ready to pass out a minute ago, and then I just got this second wind! Has this ever happened to you?! Your girl is AAAWAAAAKE (and it was probably because I had a tea not that long ago…). Anyways, my laptop was sitting right there in front of me and I’ve been meaning to write this post, so here it is.
I know I used to do “Friday Favourites” but let’s be honest, I was STRUGGLING to keep up with that. I’ve decided that now I’m just going to share with you what I’ve been loving for every month and I think this way I’ll have more exciting things to share!!
Side note: I’m thinking maybe I should just do a separate “Earrings of the Month” post because I’m constantly adding to my earrings collection, and this month was no exception!
- EARRINGS <333 I’m going to be that old lady with droopy ear lobes because she wore waay too many earrings during her youth, just you wait. My favourites this month are mostly from Korean stores that I discovered downtown Toronto. There’s this shop called “Durumi” (that I’m SURE I’ve mentioned before), and “M Brand” (newly discovered and IN LOVE). Both stores have the cutest options for earrings and if I’m not too careful, I could walk out with five or six pairs! I’ve also been loving hoop earrings! All different styles! Most of the ones shown above are from TOPSHOP (obvi).
- If you guys don’t already know, Emma Roberts has an online book club called “Belletrist” that I religiously follow. She curates it with her best friend, Karah Preiss, and I’ve loved almost every monthly pick from them so far. I highly recommend following them on Instagram if you’re a reader like me! I read two of their picks this month and thoroughly enjoyed both! The first book was: “The Dark Between Stars” by Atticus, and the second book I read was: “The Optimist’s Daughter” by Eudora Welty!
- It had been a good “minute” since I cared for anything make-up/beauty related. I think I just got lazy! But this month I’ve gotten right back into all things beauty, and I’m still trying to figure out if this is a good thing or a bad thing ha-ha (definitely isn’t good for my bank account!). First beauty purchase in a long time: Urban Decay’s “Born To Run” palette. SHE’S GORRGGGG. I’ve been experimenting with most of the colours (surprisingly the hot pink shade – this is daring for me!) and I’ve been having SO MUCH FUN. I also realized this month that I have a soft spot for lip products. JK. It’s been a problem since I was like, 15 years-old. HONESTLY THOUGH, HOW MANY LIP PRODUCTS DOES A GIRL/WOMAN NEED?!!! LEMME TELL YA! >> Here’s a photo of just the lip products that I keep in my purse (warning: this is not an exaggeration) >> :
Ya. It ain’t no joke. Special shout-out to Em Rata and Pat McGrath though! I feel blessed to have this lipgloss in “Blitz Gold“. This lipgloss makes me feel like I can take over the freaking world. Emily Ratajkowski did a make-up tutorial/”get ready with me” video with Vogue and she uses this lipgloss by Pat McGrath. I was inspired after watching it and that’s all I have to say.
- I touched on these bad boys in my last post but I think they deserve more attention. My VANS slip-ons are surprisingly one of my favourite pairs of shoes at the moment. I’m not a sneakers gal. I’ve been trying to stick to shoes that give me a little height tbh, but these VANS are sooo easy! I love that the print adds more to every outfit. They’re super easy to “slip on” when I need to quickly go outside to meet my UberEats delivery guy, or even to the laundry room! They’re great! 10/10 would highly recommend you scoop a pair for yourselves, and I’m not even sponsored (LOL)!!
- I don’t know how long film photography has been a “thing” again but I’ve always appreciated it! I’m sure you’re all familiar with the “HUJI” app but I’ve been using the crap out of it for a couple of months now. I’m hooked! It’s just easy! I don’t have to worry about editing or really doing anything to any photo because it looks “cool” the way it is. Take this photo of my empty iQ bowl for example:
In my opinion, HUJI made it look a lot less disgusting and 10x cooler, no? (I know you agree with me!)
Some other favourites for the month of September (honourable mentions?) are:
- “Atypical”, “The Dragon Prince”, “To All The Boys I Loved Before” and Season 2 of “The Good Place” on Netflix
- Noah Centineo
- Ariana Grande’s album “Sweetener”
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Metallic nail polishes
Okay! That’s it from me! What were your favourite things for the month of September?Share them in the comment section below! :))
Until next time,
- Tiny ❤