Hi guys! As most of you well know, last night was the 88th Annual Academy Awards/Oscars night and Leonardo DiCaprio WON ‘Best Actor’ (finally). Hallelujah! I don’t think anyone can say that they were not happy for him. I don’t know about you guys but I was screaming when he won. Leonardo deserved it, but you don’t need me to tell you that.
If people aren’t talking about Leo’s Oscar win, they’re talking about who wore what. Who owned the red carpet?! This post will be based on my opinion on who looked the best and who looked the worst. I’m sure some of you won’t agree, but here they are:
My top 5 picks for “Best Dressed”:
- Cate Blanchett – SHE LOOKED AMAZING! I think she definitely stole the red carpet this year. She looked like a goddess. She wore Armani Prive in the most gorgeous blue-y green hue. I love it. The 3D flowers are beautiful. Cates’s whole look is just perfect.
- Olivia Wilde – She is a very close second. I love this dress and I absolutely love the collar necklace that she wore with it. It is the sexiest choker I have ever seen. I love it. The back of this Valentino dress has these tasteful butterfly-looking wings – they’re amazing! She was the epitome of glamorous, which is basically what the Oscars are all about.
- Daisy Ridley – Honestly, I had know idea what her name was. I just recognized her as that “Star Wars Chick”. After her jaw-dropping appearance on the red carpet however, I am never going to forget her name! This is a Chanel Haute Couture dress and she did a heck of a good job pulling it off.
- Rooney Mara – Again, had no idea who this woman was but I will not forget her after last night. This Givenchy dress is beautiful. I am a sucker for delicate lace and dresses with delicate detailing like this one. I can’t really describe it. I want to say doily, but like a beautiful doily. Either way, good job Rooney! Y’look HOT.
- Rachel McAdams – I can’t forget my fellow Canadian/home-girl. Did you know she grew up near the town I’m from? I know I sound biased, but look at her! This green August Getty Atelier dress looks great on her! I love the halter neckline. She looks crazy fit (look at those arms!) and look at that sexy train. Well done babe, well done.
My top 5 picks for “Worst Dressed”:
- Heidi Klum – What was she thinking? Honestly speaking, the whole look is a disaster to me. Her makeup is too minimal and this Marchesa dress looks like a huge drape-y curtain pinned with flowers. Also, the color is bad. It’s like scraps of lilac-ish material thrown together. Maybe I’m being harsh but she just really disappointed me this year. This is a nightmare.
- Julianne Moore – A great actress, don’t get me wrong. This poor Chanel Haute Couture dress was just not the dress for her though. I’m sure it would look good on someone else but it’s way too harsh of a color for Julianne. I think her pale skin should not wear that much black. On top of that, this looks like a prom dress on her.
- Whoopi Goldberg – If I read my information correctly Whoopi got a team of designers to create this dress to look similar to one that was worn by Bette Davis. I think this dress should have stayed on Bette Davis. It just isn’t flattering Whoopi. At all.
- Amy Poehler – I don’t even know what to say lol. I think this awful Andrew Gn dress speaks for itself, am I right? The embroidery (I think) is a fail, and she’s drowning in all that fabric.
- Brie Larson – It kills me to put her on this list but I really wanted more from her at the Oscars this year, ESPECIALLY since I wanted her to win ‘Best Actress’ SO BAD. She did win. I am so happy that she did! I just wish she looked better doing it!! She’s so pretty but this dress reminds me of something I would have found shopping for prom at Le Chateau. Sorry Gucci.
So there you are! My top 5 best and worst dressed at this year’s Oscars. Did I forget anybody? If you think I forgot to mention someone, let me know in the comment box below! — OH! I also have another post prepared for you guys on Friday, so keep your eyes peeled for that! ;D
Hope you guys have a great day! Happy “first-day-of-March”!
- A ❤