Hey everyone! It’s definitely been a while since I’ve created a new blog post. I want to start off by saying “Happy New Year!” and I hope this year brings joy and happiness to you all. As my first post for 2016, I thought that it was most suitable to share with you guys my goals and resolutions for this following year. Now there aren’t many. I tried to keep the list short and sweet. Not only that, but I’m probably more likely to succeed if I keep the list a bit shorter ha-ha. Here’s my list!
- SAVE MONEY – This shouldn’t come as a surprise (especially if you know me well). I’m sure other women my age who are fashion and style bloggers love to shop. I mean, there are very few women in general who don’t like shopping – am I right? For 2016, I’ve promised myself to create my first savings account. I want to start saving my money and purchasing things I need rather than want. Of course, a treat here and there would be nice… But I’m going to be as strict as possible with myself, and save all (or the majority of) my money. I want a proper laptop. Currently, I am using a tablet with a detachable keyboard (*sadface*). I want to save my money for a laptop and also save for all this debt I have to pay off once I graduate.
- LEARN TO COOK – If you know me well, I can’t cook or bake. Cooking is far from my forté. I don’t know why I suck. I want to blame my mother but I don’t think these things can be hereditary. I’ve always wanted to make yummy dishes, especially for special occasions for myself and my boyfriend. Learning to cook has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember. Perhaps I’ll get lessons but for now, I’m going to try by choosing some easy recipes from the internet. I’ll keep you guys updated on how that goes ;D
- TRAVEL – Seeing the world is a dream of mine. I know a lot of people say this, but all I want to do is travel. However with school and the costs of travelling, it just has not been possible for me. If this savings account works out for me, I want to plan my first trip this year. I have never been on a plane and have never been out of the country. (I don’t consider my high school trip to New York really out of the country.) If I were to have the option to go anywhere, I’d want to go to Dubai or to the infamous continent of Europe. Going to the Philippines to meet my mother’s side of the family wouldn’t be too bad either. I’m DYING to go ANYWHERE. Since I graduate this year, I think there will be more opportunities for me to visit another country. I’m crossing my fingers.
- MAKE MEMORIES/LIVE LIFE – Three months ago, my father was diagnosed with cancer. It had started with a tumor inside his esophagus which had later spread into his liver, lungs, and bones. There was definitely no way to cure it and our only hope was to get him into remission. On January 4th, 2016, I lost my father. He passed away and is now in a better place. It’s certainly hard to go through and everything went by way too fast. This experience has opened my eyes and has reminded me that our lives can be taken sooner than we think. I want to appreciate every moment. I don’t want to take anything for granted. I miss my dad so much and I know he would want me to accomplish everything that I dream of. While I start to live and appreciate my life, I want to document everything. I want to take more pictures, make as many memories as possible, and just have fun.
- BLOG & VLOG – Blogging and making YouTube videos are things that I used to do that made me very happy. The fact that I have no time for either really upsets me. In 2016, once I’m finished school, I’m going back to blogging and vlogging regularly. I want to start-up my YouTube account again. I want to make outfit posts weekly. I want to throw so much content at you guys that you’re going to get sick of me!! (Not really though.)
- READ MORE – Reading is another pleasure of mine. I love to read. I love reading. Reading is what I love. You get what I’m saying lol? I want to read as many books as possible. I’m going to read every day, even if it’s just for a little bit. Whether it be on the bus on my way to work, or just a little bit before bed, I’m going to make the time to do what I love most.
- BE HAPPY – I think this one is a little self-explanatory but for some people it’s really hard. Overall, I just want to be happy. I want to appreciate how lucky I am. I’m not going to let little things get to me. I want to value the time that I have and not fuss over the unimportant things. As long as I stay positive, do things that make me happy, and surround myself with people I love, I don’t see this as being difficult at all. Being happy is a choice, and with my father now watching over me, I hope to have one of my best years so far.